Cyrus or Naim?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I don't have a problem with my present Cyrus set up:

8 VS + PSXR

Speaker AE 120, TT Rega p3 + Benz ACE , phono pre -lehmann black cube se

My room is 40m2

My dealer is recommending as an upgrade to replace the Cyrus Amp+power supply by a Naim combo Nac 122x/Nap 150x

Anybody in the forum who compared Cyrus and Naim ?

Thanks for comments

Edgar from Germany

isaacsdad

Aug 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi Edgar i auditioned both Cyrus and Naim amplification to accompany existing Cyrus CD8x & PSX-R with Wilson Benesch Arc's.

I settled on the Naim 282 /200 combination with a hi cap,which to my ears bettered the various Cyrus amp combinations i tried by a considerable distance. Have been out this evening to audition the new cyrus CD SE, i will very definately be sending for a factory upgrade, awesome sound.Hope this helps,but use your own ears and remember the Emperor's new clothes !

Regards Isaacsdad

A

Anonymous

Edgar Eichmann:
Anybody in the forum who compared Cyrus and Naim ?

Yes.

Creek CDP and Sugden A21a won.

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
Actually does anyone know what the differences in HOUSE sounds there are? I hear the same sort of praise for both - ie timing, rythm. Both seem to be described as forward sounding. Whats the main differnce?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Naim sound meatier than Cyrus, that doesn't mean better though! depend which model we are talking about here SHAXOS. Personally I couldn't live with both of the brands in long term (unless I won jackpot which will be blown on highend Naim) having said that I did really enjoy what I had. SuperNait was superb and I think Cyrus 7Q is one of the best cd player I have heard around the price point, even now a day standard. Nait 3 was rubbish and NAC 82/Nap 250 were quite special. all imo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts