Amp & CD combo: Arcam, Naim, Audiolab..or Cyrus?

Chob

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

I'm in a real pickle over what to plump for as a new 'more than capable' Integrated Amp + CD combo. It'll be the heart of a new system.

I know this sounds quite predictable in the options perhaps, but....

My choice has been narrowed to either:

Arcam FMJA19A + FMJCD17 or Audiolab 8200A + 8200CD or Cyrus CD-T + 8DAC amp or Naim CD5si + Nait 5i amp.

The prices are about the same (ish) - aside from the Cyrus as I was told the 8DAC in terms of power and future-proofing was a better, if expensive move.

I do run the TV through the amp when I get the occasional chance to enjoy a blu-ray or two, not that hung up on having a digi-optical input.

On my testing with Classical, Chilled electronic, Acoustic and the occasional classic rock, oh and lots of OSTs, they are all very capable and the PMCs can handle them all well. BUT what I need to hear from the forum is -

a) is there an obvious combo I've missed?

b) are there any shortcomings of the above options that I should be aware of?

Any other thoughts or comments? Views? Build? Reliability? etc.?

Oh and if you're interested, I'm moving my Marantz CR-603 (chosen for get me in purposes for 18months) to the loft room..

Cheers! :beer:

Chob

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
You do know that you can mix different makes, I know that may make thinds more complex but the Audiolab cdp may work better with the Arcam than the Audiolab amp for you.

There are many more cd players to try like the Marantz Pearl Lite, Roksan Kandy and Creek also all their respective amps and pretty good to and well worth hearing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts