Cyrus III i - Integrated Amplifier - How to connect??

Dr Beat

Sep 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi out there

I have just bought from a friend a "still in fine condition" Cyrus III i (3i ?) integrated amp. I tried to connect my normal hollow Z plugs and it would not fit. The plugs were marginally bigger. I then learnt that amp connections to speaker wires are 4mm but the Cyrus III i uses 3mm.

How did this come around? aren't connection sizes standardized???

So, the real question is - how do i connect my 4mm hollow Z plugs to the ampsZ???

HELP.............thanks in advance.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
I believe like Arcam, you need the adaptors for the speaker cables. The phono connections should be standard but the speaker connections used a similar arrangement to the Arcam, i'm not sure if they are an exact match but a trip to a Cyrus dealer should clear things up or you could use bare wire to connect your speakers as long as they have the screw terminals.

Dr Beat

Sep 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi Greg

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately:
[*]The speaker connections to the amp are not screw ons, they need plugs. So, i can't bare wire it.
[*] I tried the local Cyrus dealer - to no avail. they don't even seem to realize the current Cyrus amps don't have the same connection sizes as the previous IIIi model.
[*]I tried Cyrus UK, who were kind enough to help me get the connectors, but the courier/shipping charges is about twice the cost of the plugs. So, if i can source it locally or come up with alternatives, it would be a cheaper solution than what i have now.

Thanks for the advice> keep it coming.

BTW, a friend said that BFA plugs should do it> any one know what BFA plugs are and how are they different from banana plugs or Z plugs?? Do they really help me solve this??

Thanks

A

Anonymous

i would look on ebay if i were you - there are usually numerous people selling such adapters and they are normally quite cheap. goodluck

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
Yes good advice as above, you should be able to source some connectors on ebay but i cant believe a cyrus dealer has no knowledge of the old connectors, maybe try another one and see if they have any or try the arcam connectors. There are plenty of memebers here who use arcam amps maybe they can advise if they may fit.

TRENDING THREADS