cyrus cd8se disc eject distance

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have lived in Aus for 4 years now after moving from the UK and have recently bought a Cd8x which had problems with a 'no disc' error, so I upgraded to a cd8se. The sound quality is amazing, but I find it difficult to remove discs, as they do not seem to eject far enough. On mine the cd stops showing around 1or 2 mm of the centeral hole. Is this correct?????

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
No, that's faulty. Their trays don't fully ejct, but there should be a bit less than an inch of the disc still in the machine. You could upgrade your player to the new SE spec, which will give you a better quality player and a slot mechanism.

A

Anonymous

Frank - he already has an 8SE.

That sounds just the same as mine - I don't think that's a fault. I've found two easy ways of pulling the disk out:

1) put a thumb and middle finger on the left and right hand side of the CD and pull - doesn't work very well if you try from above but if your arm is roughly parallel to the disk then it works fine.

2) If you have to reach down to take the CD out, then using a similar technique to (1), but using your index finger to apply light downward pressure on the top of the disk should give you just enough purchase to pull the disk out without problem.

So far I've not got a finger mark on any CDs.

It's a bit of knack - a bit like remembering to replace the magnet on the Naim 5i (what a faff...) .

A

Anonymous

Thanks ffiish,

I was sure there was a fault as I read a review that you could put your finger in the hole, and me and the the other half spent much time trying to find a way to take the cd out without marking it.

Another interesting thing is the topic of non-loading cds. Out of my all collection I have only found one cd that would not go past load. I have read the various explanations of this. It may be a coincidence but the cd I had problem with had a shiny silver perimeter (i.e. like a mirror) at the point where the information finishes as the disk was only 55 min long. I am wondering if this could be the problem with other loading problems. I copied the disk on the computer and copied disc played fine. Maybe older discs with a mirror edge where the information stops is the problem??????????

A

Anonymous

thanks for that, at least I know it is meant to be like this.

A

Anonymous

I'm looking for a new cd-player but that load/eject mechanism sounds like trouble. I think I'll pass.

A

Anonymous

Hi music lover I spoke to the Aus distributer today(it is evening here now) Re problems.Before I go into that the eject is not so bad, it is only oversize discs that cause a problem, and if you here the cd player it really is worth the trouble as it sonically blows just about everything out of the water. It really is that good. Cyrus Aus tell me that they will sort my player whilst I am away on holiday and apoligised profusly and told me there has been a few teething problems that should not have happened, but did and are now just about sorted out.The disc loader is a little fiddly, but fine when you get used to it. If I were you I would wait for a couple of months and then get one.

A

Anonymous

I had heard that there was a software update required for the CD8SE to sort out the loading issue. I demo'd it a couple of weeks ago and found that it was fiddly inserting discs and didn't always read discs either. Ejecting discs was OK and the disc came out far enough without any problems. In the end I went for the CD8X an am very happy, and the drawer mechanism isn't ratty!

A

Anonymous

Hi Badger , you must have had a bad one as the cd8se shouldnt have a read problem, apart from what is previously described.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts