Cyrus Cd8 SE 5 units and will not play !!!!!!!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

SteveR750

eternaloptimist:SteveR750:
Cyrus "fixed" the software glitch I had with my CD6SE when i bought it last year, and were impressively candid whenever I spoke to their tech department. I *like* them, just not so keen on the sound.

Get a PC and stream, suddenly this kind of nonsense is perfectly acceptable as part of the Windows 'experience', like why has my Gizmo remote app on my phone suddenly stopped working..

You seem to have followed a similar route to me...

I have found problems vanished when I went to a dedicated Win 7 laptop, J River MC only installed, stripped of all unnecessary software, unnecessary services disabled etc.... love my CD6SE but it is now generatlly gathering dust since streaming via DAC....

Using a PC is still a p in the a to set up - hardly plug'n'play! Mind you the sound......sell your CD player before its value plummets too much - i sold mine for a similar price as another one at the same time, and given its 5 star award reputation, it fetched a much lower proportional value compared to all the other stuff I have sold in recent years. It cant be the recession - I was tracking dacmagics, a few of which almost sold for the same brand new price at Richer Sounds.

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
eternaloptimist:SteveR750:
Cyrus "fixed" the software glitch I had with my CD6SE when i bought it last year, and were impressively candid whenever I spoke to their tech department. I *like* them, just not so keen on the sound.

Get a PC and stream, suddenly this kind of nonsense is perfectly acceptable as part of the Windows 'experience', like why has my Gizmo remote app on my phone suddenly stopped working..

I have found problems vanished when I went to a dedicated Win 7 laptop, J River MC only installed, stripped of all unnecessary software, unnecessary services disabled etc.... love my CD6SE but it is now generatlly gathering dust since streaming via DAC....

I think Steve is saying that we tend to put up with problems with Windows, seeing them as "perfectly acceptable" - not that they vanished when he stopped using CDs. Hence 'experience' in inverted commas, no?

SteveR750

datay:eternaloptimist:SteveR750:

I think Steve is saying that we tend to put up with problems with Windows, seeing them as "perfectly acceptable" - not that they vanished when he stopped using CDs. Hence 'experience' in inverted commas, no?

Yes that was indeed my point. But then playing music is arguably a secondary benefit of a computer so it would be unfair to expect it to perform like a CD player out of the box.

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Same doesn't go for browser crashing as I typed the above message! (Well, not a crash but page won't load, more than once, any one else have this problem?)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts