Cyrus CD6S with 8vs2...unusual noise

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
The other day I noticed something rather unusual. I have a CD6S linked with QED QUNEX Silver Spiral to an 8vs2 amp. This is played through Dali Ikon 5's connected with Chord Rumour 2 cable.

If I have the CD playing and then select any of the other inputs on the Amp ie AUX /PH or TU and turn the volume up and I'm getting the CD playing through it very quietly. I'm guessing this isn't normal as it suggests that there is a signal bridge within the amp.

A point to note is that the system is about 4 months old...so obviously still under warranty, however I don't want to go back to the dealer and sound stupid if it's normal.

Thanks for you help,

David

A

Anonymous

This sounds like "crosstalk". Look it up on Wikipedia for a general description - a bit of Googling will probably turn up something more specific on amps. Basically one circuit is picking up the electrical signals from another. Obviously designers / manufacturers (should) strive to avoid or minimise this through appropriate circuit layout. However, all the amps which I've had (albeit fairly budget ones) have had this. I very much doubt it is any indication of a problem with your Cyrus (I'm guessing you can only hear it when you really crank up the volume ***, right?). No doubt some Cyrus owners will be along shortly having tried theirs.

A

Anonymous

Yes definitely in the last 10-15% of the dial. However even if it is cross-talk it's not something I'd expect from an amp costing that much. It must degrade the overall sound at whatever level it is listened to; albeit incredibly minor! Hmm....

A

Anonymous

DOES ANYONE EVER REPLY TO TOPICS THESE DAYS???? ALWAYS SUCH A LACK OF RESPONSE/HELP ON HERE......SUCH A SHAME AS IT USED TO BE SUCH A GOOD SOURCE OF INFORMATION!

ANYONE RECOMMEND A DECENT CYRUS OWNER WEBSITE???

Apologies for shouting but very frustrated!!!!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Please calm down - you got a very helpful response from a Forum member, and one which seemed to sum the situation up. I doubt you got any more responses as people agree with Tractorboy's diagnosis.

Have you spoken to Cyrus or your retailer?

A

Anonymous

Thank you Clare! I will give them a call on Monday. However I was hoping someone on here with a similar kit setup may have been able to try theirs and comment if they had the same issues!

My point is, is it common to have this on equipment at this level?

Messiah

I have noticed this on various equipment over the years so I would say it is fairly common.

However, how often do you crank up the volume with no source playing???? Avoid doing this and you'll be ok!

A

Anonymous

Thanks Messiah......As you say I never do this! Just wondered if such 'bleed' is detrimental to the normal listening experience by reducing the overall reproduction.

Cheers,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts