Cyrus CD6 SE vs SE2

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Is there a difference in reliability between the two versions of this CD player? I remember that the first CD 6 players had a lot of problems.

A

Anonymous

I purchased a CD6 SE just under 2 years ago. It has been returned to the manufacturer once because of difficulty ejecting discs which culminated in it refusing to eject a disc at all. Shortly after I received it back it exhibited the same problem - it is sitting in front of me now with a disc which it will not eject. I have already spoken to Cyrus who said they will repair it FOC since it is still within the guarantee however when I asked if I would have to pay if it failed with the same problem outside the guarantee they said "yes" but they guarantee their repairs for 3 months. 3 months? What a lot of confidence they have in their product / workmanship!! This CD player cost me a fair chunk of money but I am now going to ditch it in favour of a reliable product - can anyone suggest a suitable alternative?

Many thanks

oldbadger said:
I purchased a CD6 SE just under 2 years ago. It has been returned to the manufacturer once because of difficulty ejecting discs which culminated in it refusing to eject a disc at all. Shortly after I received it back it exhibited the same problem - it is sitting in front of me now with a disc which it will not eject. I have already spoken to Cyrus who said they will repair it FOC since it is still within the guarantee however when I asked if I would have to pay if it failed with the same problem outside the guarantee they said "yes" but they guarantee their repairs for 3 months. 3 months? What a lot of confidence they have in their product / workmanship!! This CD player cost me a fair chunk of money but I am now going to ditch it in favour of a reliable product - can anyone suggest a suitable alternative?

Many thanks

Hi oldbadger

Unfortunately this is the fourth time this week alone that i am hearing of issues with SE based CD players.

Anyway, what amplifer and speakers do you use?

Interconnects and speaker cables are?

Have you also got an alternative CD or even a DVD or Blu Ray player player with coaxial/optical digital output?

Do you also you use alternative digital media such as a PC? If not, then would you also like to have this ability?

What do you generally listen to?

Your budget for a new player?

With a new player what kind of presentation would you want the system to reproduce?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
ErwinC said:
Is there a difference in reliability between the two versions of this CD player? I remember that the first CD 6 players had a lot of problems.

The SE2 is much more reliable, to the point where reliability is no longer a concern (which is of course as it should be, and I along with many people was very unhappy with the problems with the original SE software). I think to be fair Rick needs to say whether the problems he heard about recently were with SE2.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Most issues were sorted out before SE2 was released, but since then, we've not had any problems at all with any SE2 product. We've not heard of four instances this week (none), and we're a Cyrus dealer. Go figure.

datay said:
ErwinC said:

The SE2 is much more reliable, to the point where reliability is no longer a concern (which is of course as it should be, and I along with many people was very unhappy with the problems with the original SE software). I think to be fair Rick needs to say whether the problems he heard about recently were with SE2.

Hi datay

Two SE and one SE2.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Amps - Roksan Caspian M-1 amps, interconnects are Chord Chorus 2, speakers are Spendor ST, speaker cables are Chord epic. I listen to absolutely anything and I prefer a neutral sound so that the music is truly repesented. budget max £700. No alternative CD or DVD available.

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts