Cyrus Amps

lbafsaj

Feb 28, 2008
Visit site
Currently have an old Cyrus 3i, partnered with a new CD6se. Would like to replace the amp with another Cyrus and cannot afford the new range of amps, but the 6vs2 looks good at around £ 450 from various retailers. However, would I benefit more with a PSX-R onto my 3i, or with the 6vs2 ??????

A

Anonymous

In my opinion, the better option between the two would be to go for the 6vs2.

SteveR750

plastic penguin:Can't comment on the external power supply, but the newer generation of Cyrus integrated amps are superb in the right system. Perfect match for the CD6SE to boot.

Strangely I found the Kandy K2 a better match with the CD6SE than the Cyrus 6 amp. Its got a bit more slam and dynamic impact.

A

Anonymous

i would go for psx-r instead...yes it is good to upgrade your amplifier but the difference of adding psx-r is substance...later on you still need to add psx-r to satify....
hehehe

A

Anonymous

I've been running the 8vs2 for about half a year now (powering some Dynaudio speakers) and it keeps amazing me very day. I enjoy it most with music like Porcupine Tree, Riverside and *drumroll* Dire Straits.

The timing on the 8vs2 is incredible and it packs some formidable punch.

When auditioning I've also spend sone time with the 6vs2, unfortunately I can say it greatly inferior. It's not half as good in my opinion, the sound is somehow thinner or leaner. Not great.

Save up some more money and head straight for the 8vs2 and you won't be dissappointed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts