Cyrus amp. Fix or replace?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My Cyrus 6VS2 no longer plays music panned hard right in the mix. Everything that you can hear sounds great with no loss of quality, however anything panned right is either really quiet or simply not audible at all. Listen to Stairway for instance and the guitar is fine but there's barely any flute.

I've swapped the source, speaker cable and swapped the speakers around in the outputs so it does seem to be an amp problem. The same thing continues to happen. Cyrus have said they would require £210 to service it although I would get a warranty. Any budding techno heads out there know what the problem might be and whether it's fixable without this cost?

Otherwise - Any advice on whether I should simply cough up (replacing a 6vs2 would cost around about £300 2nd hand) or instead look to spend £200 - £300 elsewhere on something else? Despite recent problems, I'm happy to go 2nd hand. I have a Cyrus 6S cd player and B&W685's and overall I was very happy with the sound, also happy to consider other options but money is tight.

Many Thanks

A

Anonymous

Just in case anyone else hits this issue. When I looked in the mirror I was revealed as my true self - a muppet.

After I had recently moved my hifi, I had for some reason put both speaker cables into the left output slots (for single and bi-wiring). Simply putting the right speaker into the right single speaker outputs solved it.

Now to forgive myself!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts