Cyrus 8xp vs xpower?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
going mono didnt make any where near the difference that intergrated to pre/power did and if your bedrooms not large i'd forget it, one x power will be plenty. half the reason i bought another was so i could line up a the 2 power amps with the psxr in the middle on an av rack. guess i must have some ocd that likes symmetry :). it does look good tho and worth it in a larger room. when i did demo the difference at the shop it was with some pmc db1i's and it was not like one 8 power was lacking anything, obviously i must have had more money then as it was purchased also with a speaker upgrade being next on the list and i didnt want to be lacking power to drive better speakers

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
gregvet said:
How much difference between two x powers in mono and the x200's then? That's what I can already see happening, one x power then two. So many options!

I'm sure a single X Power will be enough power for most people, and although the Mono X200's are far more powerful, the reason to go for them would be their dynamic capabilities. Something like this is a long term investment, and will drive almost any loudspeaker up to £6,000/7,000, which leaves you a lot of choice if and when it comes to upgrading your loudspeakers.

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the input everyone.

Souds like I will end up with an xpower and see where we go from there. I am gonna leave it for now tho.

Still loving the sa1's with the 8xpd qx. Even my other half has noticed how good they are. He called me in the other evening because he couldn't believe how clear all the different instruments were in some classical stuff he was listening too. Hi if convert in the making maybe? :?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts