Cyrus 8 pre/power combo

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Can you elaborate? There is no 8 pre, only an 8 Power. The current pre-amps are the PreXpd and DACxp+. Or are you referring to using an 8xp integrated amplifier as a pre-amplifier?

Ben K. said:
Hello Anyone know if cyrus 8 pre/power combo would be any good for monitor audio rx8? Thanks

Hi Ben K.

How would you describe the performance of your system?

What do you and anyone else who is also likely to use the system generally listen to?

The size of your room?

Your general listening level?

How is your system configured ie. crossover range for movie/multi channel soundtracks, for two channel use are the Silver RX8's on their own or with the RXW-12?

What areas of improvement are you looking for the Cyrus amplification to give you over the RX-V2065/RB1510 and the kind of presentation for the system to reproduce?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
Can you elaborate? There is no 8 pre, only an 8 Power. The current pre-amps are the PreXpd and DACxp+. Or are you referring to using an 8xp integrated amplifier as a pre-amplifier?

Hi

I was thinking of either the prexpd with the 8 power or the 8xp with the 8 power and possibly bi-amping?

My local store has limited stock so I could only demo the 6xp to get an idea of the sound. Is that worth doing or will it sound alot different?

Thanks

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
Ben K. said:
Hello Anyone know if cyrus 8 pre/power combo would be any good for monitor audio rx8? Thanks

Hi Ben K.

What do you and anyone else who is also likely to use the system generally listen to?

The size of your room?

How is your system configured ie. crossover range for movie/multi channel soundtracks, for two channel use are the Silver RX8's on their own or with the RXW-12?

What areas of improvement are you looking for the Cyrus amplification to give you over the RX-V2065/RB1510 and the kind of presentation for the system to reproduce?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi

My room is 17x14 foot with my speakers firing down the 17 foot. Generally I listen at medium to high volumes and listen to dance, hip hop, reggae and some pop. At the moment I listen to music with just the rx8's which are bi-amped using the rotel and rear channels of receiver. My system sounds good but a little more control in the bass and possibly a more open midrange would be good. I have heard the speakers with arcam amplification and liked it but the size of the cyrus equipment tempts me. For movies my system is as good as I want it :)

Thanks

Ben K. said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Ben K. said:

Hi Ben K.

The size of your room?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft
Hi My room is 17x14 foot with my speakers firing down the 17 foot. Generally I listen at medium to high volumes and listen to dance, hip hop, reggae and some pop. At the moment I listen to music with just the rx8's which are bi-amped using the rotel and rear channels of receiver. My system sounds good but a little more control in the bass and possibly a more open midrange would be good. I have heard the speakers with arcam amplification and liked it but the size of the cyrus equipment tempts me. For movies my system is as good as I want it :) Thanks

Hi Ben K.

Thanks for your reply.

I am sorry if i am missing something but are you bi amping the RX8's with the RB-1510 driving the LF and the RX-V2065 driving the mid/HF?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

ARCAM and Cyrus have a very different sound so I would take your speakers into your nearest Cyrus dealer before committing to buy.

If you have the money to buy an integrated amp and power amp at the same time I would go for a dedicated pre-amp rather than an integrated as it will sound better. Adding a power amp to an integrated amp is a good upgrade if you only have money for an integrated at the moment.

Would you consider second hand? There are loads of Cyrus boxes and relatively bargain prices on various sites. The big advantage is that if you dodn't like it you can sell on without too big a hit on your finances!

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
Ben K. said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Ben K. said:

Hi Ben K.

The size of your room?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft
Hi My room is 17x14 foot with my speakers firing down the 17 foot. Generally I listen at medium to high volumes and listen to dance, hip hop, reggae and some pop. At the moment I listen to music with just the rx8's which are bi-amped using the rotel and rear channels of receiver. My system sounds good but a little more control in the bass and possibly a more open midrange would be good. I have heard the speakers with arcam amplification and liked it but the size of the cyrus equipment tempts me. For movies my system is as good as I want it :) Thanks

Hi Ben K.

Thanks for your reply.

I am sorry if i am missing something but are you bi amping the RX8's with the RB-1510 driving the LF and the RX-V2065 driving the mid/HF?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Yes that is how I have it set up at the moment

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
angelface59 said:
ARCAM and Cyrus have a very different sound so I would take your speakers into your nearest Cyrus dealer before committing to buy.

If you have the money to buy an integrated amp and power amp at the same time I would go for a dedicated pre-amp rather than an integrated as it will sound better. Adding a power amp to an integrated amp is a good upgrade if you only have money for an integrated at the moment.

Would you consider second hand? There are loads of Cyrus boxes and relatively bargain prices on various sites. The big advantage is that if you dodn't like it you can sell on without too big a hit on your finances!

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I will consider second hand, ex demo etc as I have had some bargains in the past.

I shall have a look around at my options

Ben K. said:

From personal experience of Cyrus 8VS2 and Arcam, I would suggest the latter is a far better match with MAs. The Cyrus is brilliant if you like vocals and acoustic music, otherwise might be worthwhile looking elsewhere.

Although I've limited experience with Musical Fidelity amps, they maybe the answer. Also believe they did or do small amps (A5 I believe). That will be a viable option if you like the Arcam character and the dinky size.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts