Currys and 5 year warranty question

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
I have been reading some reports of some 5 year warranty only being a year on Currys, can anyone confirm this or not? When I look at my order on the website it doesn’t say how long the warranty is for. I guess it’s 5 years because that’s what it said when I bought the TV, but was just looking for double confirmation. I should probably stop worrying but there you go. Thanks

Last edited:
I have been reading some reports of some 5 year warranty only being a year on Currys, can anyone confirm this or not? When I look at my order on the website it doesn’t say how long the warranty is for. I guess it’s 5 years because that’s what it said when I bought the TV, but was just looking for double confirmation. I should probably stop worrying but there you go. Thanks
Edited by mod...
I have never owned a TV that has not lasted more than five years......
Please point us towards these reports you have read as I feel we need to back up any accusations like this.
Slagging off a stockist without substantiation is not a good idea.

Last edited:

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
If you are concerned about a TV only having a one year warranty then I suggest you stop buying new TVs.
Please point us towards these reports you have read as I feel we need to back up any accusations like this.
It’s none of your business whether I buy a new TV on not so stick your nose back in! I have only bought one TV in the last 3 years not that’s it’s any of your business!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jjbomber
If you are concerned about a TV only having a one year warranty then I suggest you stop buying new TVs.
There are a few reports:

Reactions: Freddy

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
I think you should've posted that thread in response to Al ears. There's no point in getting annoyed.
It was late and I couldn’t find it despite spending some time looking for it. I didn’t like the way Buzz and Al Ears spoke to me either like I had done something wrong when clearly I hadn’t.

Reactions: bigboss
It was late and I couldn’t find it despite spending some time looking for it. I didn’t like the way Buzz and Al Ears spoke to me either like I had done something wrong when clearly I hadn’t.
Apologies if it came over that way. I assumed people looked into warranties etc before they purchased a TV.
Are you saying they were sold by Currys with a five year warranty that they then reneged on?
From a brief look at the report it seems the manufacturers warranty expired after one year any other form of warranty (4 years) must have been applied by Currys themselves and there is no indication that this had expired

Last edited:

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
Apologies if it came over that way. I assumed people looked into warranties etc before they purchased a TV.
Are you saying they were sold by Currys with a five year warranty that they then reneged on?
From a brief look at the report it seems the manufacturers warranty expired after one year any other form of warranty (4 years) must have been applied by Currys themselves and there is no indication that this had expired
Currys don’t include on their invoice whether the 5 year warranty actually exists or not. I bought it with a 5 year warranty on the page but some other people thought they had too but when questioned it with Currys they have said it’s just a one year warranty.

I was merely only asking the question how are suppose to tell and not implying anything else. I hadn’t said I bought another TV which you and Buzz accused me off. Its little wonder why I think people troll me!

Currys don’t include on their invoice whether the 5 year warranty actually exists or not. I bought it with a 5 year warranty on the page but some other people thought they had too but when questioned it with Currys they have said it’s just a one year warranty.

I was merely only asking the question how are suppose to tell and not implying anything else. I hadn’t said I bought another TV which you and Buzz accused me off. Its little wonder why I think people troll me!
Again apologies, it wasn't you I meant in my comments but anyone who goes out to buy an expensive TV, or any kit for that matter.
I cannot understand anyone who spends that sort of money and who doesn't have clear information on warranty on that bit of equipment.
That said I find it odd that Currys don't state it on the sales invoice.
Good job I don't buy stuff from Currys.....

Last edited:

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
Again apologies, it wasn't you I meant in my comments but anyone who goes out to buy an expensive TV, or any kit for that matter.
I cannot understand anyone who spends that sort of money and who doesn't have clear information on warranty on that bit of equipment.
That said I find it off that Currys don't state it on the sales invoice.
Good job I don't buy stuff from Currys.....
It’s ok Al, I know you and Buzz don’t mean anything by it. A lot of the time it has a knock on effect certain comments though. Its the first time I bought a TV from Currys and was hoping it would be a positive experience, I will have to contact Currys to ask the how it works exactly hoping for the best. I should be fine it said a 5 year warranty on the page which I purchased the TV. Cheers.

It’s ok Al, I know you and Buzz don’t mean anything by it. A lot of the time it has a knock on effect certain comments though. Its the first time I bought a TV from Currys and was hoping it would be a positive experience, I will have to contact Currys to ask the how it works exactly hoping for the best. I should be fine it said a 5 year warranty on the page which I purchased the TV. Cheers.
Make sure you take a screenshot and a printout of the page where it says 5 year warranty.

Reactions: Al ears and Freddy

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
The other reason I wanted to triple check on warranty was because I have decided to use my OLED in vivid mode, which brings increased risk of screen burn. LG decided on lower the brightness of my model the C1 and the previous model the CX, during the day this means the screen can look rather dull and reflective during daylight. So I have decided to use vivid mode to combat this and it’s working great.

The black levels are now the best I have seen they are glowing pure black and the colours are really bright too. Perhaps I should’ve bought an EVo panel but they were too expensive.

The other reason I wanted to triple check on warranty was because I have decided to use my OLED in vivid mode, which brings increased risk of screen burn. LG decided on lower the brightness of my model the C1 and the previous model the CX, during the day this means the screen can look rather dull and reflective during daylight. So I have decided to use vivid mode to combat this and it’s working great.

The black levels are now the best I have seen they are glowing pure black and the colours are really bright too. Perhaps I should’ve bought an EVo panel but they were too expensive.
Screen burn won't be covered by warranty though.

buzz_lightclick

Hi Freddy, like Al I assumed you had bought a new tv by the way you worded your opening post. Normally warranty questions come around the time of purchase.
I was just curious as to what you had bought, no accusations intended at all.
A phone call or email to Currys should hopefully resolve your concerns.

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site
Hi Freddy, like Al I assumed you had bought a new tv by the way you worded your opening post. Normally warranty questions come around the time of purchase.
I was just curious as to what you had bought, no accusations intended at all.
A phone call or email to Currys should hopefully resolve your concerns.
Cheers Buzz. Good to see you posting too. (y)

Reactions: buzz_lightclick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts