2009_12050030.jpg

2009_12050041.jpg

2009_12050043.jpg

2009_12050050.jpg

2009_12050052.jpg

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Thanks everyone! Just recently got the room fixed up so it was time to post new pictures. It's been a long road, and early on there was some definate frustration, but right now my system sounds truly incredible. Friends are stunned when they hear it.

My system is in a dedicated room (spare bedroom). Can't be in the main living area because the kids would eventually destroy it, plus the wife is soooo not interested.
emotion-1.gif

izpuuteejs

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Looks fantastic!!!

How does sound C165/275 combo with Dynaudio?

As I am thinking about upgrading my cables maybe You can suggest something for my 355/545 combo?

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
izpuuteejs: Looks fantastic!!! How does sound C165/275 combo with Dynaudio? As I am thinking about upgrading my cables maybe You can suggest something for my 355/545 combo?

Thanks. Sounds glorious
emotion-1.gif
. Lots of good cables out there. If I was looking, I'd try the Merlin Mozart for interconnect. Great price and money back guarantee. For speaker cable, I've grown to love my Chord Odyssey 2 so I'd highly recommend it to anyone. Pristine detail with the Odyssey.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
ear:what are the stands?

They are from a company called Atlantis. They are steel and very solid. I have them filled with sand (baked in my oven). I'm toying with getting the Dynaudio stands since they bolt right to the speakers with no top plate, but I really like the shorter height on these stands. My seating is low so it makes sense. I'm using quakehold museum putty to connect the speakers to the stands.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
matengawhat:nice pics - did you tidyup aswell before taking them!!!!!

LOL, well, I'm pretty neat by nature so not muct to be done, but the trick to getting nice close ups is to surpress the flash. If you use the flash, you will see every spec of dust or finger print. Without the flash, it looks pack fresh. Also, use the macro feature if your cam has one.

A

Anonymous

Very pretty, jaxwired! What's the box on the bottom right?

Hedgehog

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Hedgehog: Very pretty, jaxwired! What's the box on the bottom right?

It's just a fancy power strip. I've got the other boxes plugged into it. It is suppose to remove line noise from the wall current and protect equipment from a power surge. It has two guages on the front that display amps and voltage. Luckily, it matches the blue lights from the NAD gear. The manufacturer is panamax.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
looks great jax! very nice set-up. if you can try the dyn's on some really hefty 4 pillar stands filled with sand/whatever, i noticed quite an improvement over some lighter ones.

A

Anonymous

Jax, I like the stand you use for your seperates...its just what im looking for. Where did you get it from? and how much did it set you back?

Your system has eveolved over the last year, I remember you trying several speaker/amp combos. Pleased you are really enjoying the current setup. (I say current as we all know you suffer upgraditis to a greater extent than the rest of us
emotion-2.gif
) Interesting you eventually sacrifised the floorstanding option for bookshelf speakers. I did the same a while back, replacing the cumbersome Mission m35s with the okish Quad 11L2's, but missed the lower frequenies.

Have to admit you cannot outperform the accuracy of the smaller speaker cabinets, especially when you are talking about the Dynaudio Contour S1.4's. They must be hard to drive though, with only 85 db sensitivity. I bet the power amp provides them with ample juice
emotion-15.gif

matthewpiano

Jax, it looks superb. Who said NAD gear doesn't look good??!!

Those Dyns look fabulous too. Visually it is very much my kind of system and, given my liking for NAD gear, I would imagine I'd love the sound as well. I would imagine the high current delivery of the NAD amp suits Dynaudios very well indeed.

JamesPianoman

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
emotion-21.gif
Very cool! Love the London bus photo and the shelf above the system for casually storing cds you're currently listening to...

My brother has NADs. Hmm, rephrase... I bought my bro some NADs for his wedding present (CD and amp back in 2003) and he paired them with B&W 602 speakers. Very clear, precise and controlled; huge room-filling sound. I'm sure your system sounds great as well...

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Craig M.:looks great jax! very nice set-up. if you can try the dyn's on some really hefty 4 pillar stands filled with sand/whatever, i noticed quite an improvement over some lighter ones.

Thanks Craig. Yeah, I'm thinking about upgrading the stands to the Dyn stands. They are much heavier and have two large diameter fillable pillars. It's only the height change that is holding me back right now. The speakers sound great now, but there's always room for improvement.

ScottH: Jax, I like the stand you use for your seperates...its just what im looking for. Where did you get it from? and how much did it set you back?

Your system has eveolved over the last year, I remember you trying several speaker/amp combos. Pleased you are really enjoying the current setup. (I say current as we all know you suffer upgraditis to a greater extent than the rest of us
emotion-2.gif
) Interesting you eventually sacrifised the floorstanding option for bookshelf speakers. I did the same a while back, replacing the cumbersome Mission m35s with the okish Quad 11L2's, but missed the lower frequenies.

Have to admit you cannot outperform the accuracy of the smaller speaker cabinets, especially when you are talking about the Dynaudio Contour S1.4's. They must be hard to drive though, with only 85 db sensitivity. I bet the power amp provides them with ample juice
emotion-15.gif

The rack is a 48" wide TV stand. I like it, but it looks more expensive than it is. It was quite cheap from Amazon.com USA site. Search for winsome wood media stand. I actually mounted the bottom shelf backwards. It's suppose to go on top of the side support bar, but that didn't give the amp enough breathing room.

Guilty about the upgraditis, but I'm experiencing a new satisfaction that I think might make this kit stick around for awhile. No promises, LOL. Everyone that hears it thinks I'd be nuts to change anything. But, of course, there are so many other outstanding brands I've yet to try...

Yes, loving the stand mounters. And with the Dyns, I'm really giving up very little in the bass department. For the size of my room, these speakers play very big. Even though the Dyns are not an easy load, the amp doesn't even break a sweat. Dynamic power rating of 410 watts into 4 ohms. I think it's just what these Dyns need to shine.

JamesPianoman:
emotion-21.gif
Very cool! Love the London bus photo and the shelf above the system for casually storing cds you're currently listening to... My brother has NADs. Hmm, rephrase... I bought my bro some NADs for his wedding present (CD and amp back in 2003) and he paired them with B&W 602 speakers. Very clear, precise and controlled; huge room-filling sound. I'm sure your system sounds great as well...

Thanks for noticing. Both the framed photo and the shelf are recent additions. I'd been wanting to put something on the blank wall ever since I saw Scotts lovely artwork. I have IKEA to thank for both the art and the shelf. The shelf turned out to be a nice match and the picture really ties in with the colors in the system. I'm slowly turning this spare bedroom into my man cave (which I need since 2 toddlers took over the rest of my house). By making slow calculated changes, my wife didn't even notice her "storage room" being confiscated.
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks Jax, i may buy that rack, found it on amazon straight away.

I would do the same thing you did, place the bottom shelf upside down....clever idea that, providing more breathing space for components. I bet you are never out that audio room of yours, make the most of it before the kids grow up
emotion-1.gif

See you on the forums, Scott
emotion-21.gif
emotion-22.gif

TRENDING THREADS