Croft Acoustics RIAA or Graham Slee Reflex M

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
Waxy said:
Depending on how much beer I consume tonight, I may just hit that BUY button and take a punt. It's worked so far! Guess I have been lucky...

Taking part in the Slee forum can earn you some discount, so you might not want to be too hasty.

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
ifor said:
Taking part in the Slee forum can earn you some discount, so you might not want to be too hasty.

A certain retailer of GS products is offering 10% off at the mo.... just until Sunday though...

I did have a couple of beers last night but opted instead to treat the other half to something she has been coveting for a while. Brownie points coming my way!

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
Waxy said:
ifor said:

A certain retailer of GS products is offering 10% off at the mo.... just until Sunday though...

I did have a couple of beers last night but opted instead to treat the other half to something she has been coveting for a while. Brownie points coming my way!

it can pay dividends.

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
ifor said:
Waxy said:
ifor said:

it can pay dividends.

Got to say I'm pretty lucky on that count. When a large box from Analogue Works turned up recently, she enquired as to it's contents and on hearing it was a new turntable, she just laughed. Win! :clap:

edplaysdrums42

May 2, 2009
Visit site
Why not give Peter a call at Deco Audio. He is a Croft dealer and a very helpfull knowledgeable chap. He may be able to help you put with a home demo. I cant recommend Croft enough. Fantastic gear for the money! :)

http://www.decoaudio.com/deco_audio_phono_stages.html

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
edplaysdrums42 said:
Why not give Peter a call at Deco Audio. He is a Croft dealer and a very helpfull knowledgeable chap. He may be able to help you put with a home demo. I cant recommend Croft enough. Fantastic gear for the money! :)

http://www.decoaudio.com/deco_audio_phono_stages.html

Thanks Ed, I may just do that. I did see the page you have linked during my "research".

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Think I'm going to park this for now. The SQ from the Onkyo on-board stage really is quite good with the Analogue Works TT1/Nag MP-200 combination.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Waxy said:
Think I'm going to park this for now. The SQ from the Onkyo on-board stage really is quite good with the Analogue Works TT1/Nag MP-200 combination.

Good idea. Just enjoy the music and forget everything else
smiley-smile.gif

Latinaudio

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi Waxy.

Did you buy the new phono stage? Almost all the time, a separate phono preamo is better than the one included into integrateds or receivers as a "convenience feature" but your Onkyo pre-amp looks very nice.

Further comments?

Waxy

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I did indeed treat myself to an external phono stage; a modified Jolida JD9 II. It is valve-based and sounds very nice. Actually, the on-board stage of the Onkyo P3000 pre-amp is pretty good, but I thought I would try something else.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts