Creek + Grado = Good Combination?

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi all - wish I had a house with a separate listening room without a TV in it so I could enjoy music while her indoors watches the box........anyway, until that happens (it won't!) I need to get a set of decent headphones and amp, without breaking the bank, and have my eye on the Grado SR60s and the Creek OBH-11. Does anybody have experience of this combo and are the SR80s worth spending the extra on? Thanks - DD

A

Anonymous

If you are considering headphones like the Grado's, may I suggest that you check out a pair of Allessandro MS1 or MS2 headphones, yes there is the pain of importing them from the States but, as they are cheaper and better sounding than the Grado's the wait is worthwhile. As I have a pair of the Grado60 and a pair of Allessandro MS1 I can say without contradiction that the Allessandro's are just amazing for the price of $99 and that includes the postage, which is cheaper than you can buy a pair of Grado60s for. Believe me other people have taken the plunge bought the Allessandro's and have not been disappointed, if you are not satisfied with them you will have no problem reselling them on a certain auction site.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I hope you're on commission by now, mahler1, the number of times you show your brand loyalty to Alessandro!
emotion-2.gif

We really must get some in to test - if only their distribution was a bit more sorted!

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare. I wish I was on commission but no luck there. If you would like to test the Alessandro's I would be willing to send you mine, only ask that you pay the postage for there return, can't do better than that. I truly believe they are that good, that is way I keep going on about them, please let me know if you are interested and we can work something out. Cheers.

A

Anonymous

Not using an amp. Have my headphone amp connected to my mini disc recorder, and my headphones running from my headphone amp with my Cambridge Dab tuner also connected to my mini disc recorder. I did at one time have a Cyrus111 amp but as I do must of my listening through headphones I found that I only need my mini disc recorder.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts