Creek Evolution A 50 vs Roksan Kandy K 2

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

MoJoe

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Anyone paired the Roksan with ProAc?

I've got the Response D1 standmounters and I'm saving for a new amp. I'd hoped to save longer and look at the Roksan Kandy Caspian M2 amongst others in that price range but I may never get that far.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
MoJoe said:
Anyone paired the Roksan with ProAc?

I've got the Response D1 standmounters and I'm saving for a new amp. I'd hoped to save longer and look at the Roksan Kandy Caspian M2 amongst others in that price range but I may never get that far.

SteveR750 paired Roksan with Proac: http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/proac-d18-and-which-amp

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
Oh, you bu**ers. This thread has started something here. Will explain on a seperate thread later on, and no, it has nothing to do with my amp or speakers.

Well? Spit it out man. Can't wait all night.

CD/SACD player? TT upgrade? (Not much left after that apart from cable tweakery, an FM tuner or [sharp intake of breath] a DAC!)

CarlDW

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, I used to have the Kandy LIII with a Rotel cd player, and it sounded pretty bloody good. I preferred the Rotel to the matching Kandy cd player which was slightly warmer sounding to my ears.

hortensio

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
back to my post then!...

Since I will upgrade from my 'beast' NAD C355 bee amp...Can I conclude that going to Kandy K 2 is a 'safe' way, because both amps have the same traits??...Roksan seems a more 'mature' and refined NAD, so to speak...Choosing the Creek, would push me changing my RX 6 to some Epos' speakers...

Happy_Listner

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Roksan is an English company that is proud to have their products made in England by people from the U.K..

Creek is an English company that makes its products in China to save itself money.

A person from the U.K. that works at the Roksan factory can afford to buy a Roksan K2.

A person in China that works for the Creek factory doesn't get paid enough to buy a Creek Evolution A50.

A person in the U.K. may not be able to afford the Creek Evolution A50 because they may not have a job.

That about says it all and sums it for me.

Have a nice day.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
I've had a lovely day listening to my Creek
smiley-laughing.gif
Got to go now and jump into my Korean car and drive to work for a huge US company, delivering lots of Chinese made goods.

Have a good day.

Happy_Listner

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
The only people that make enough money to buy the same Creek amplifier as yours is the South Korean that built your Hyundai or Kia and YOU because you work for an American company.

The Chinese worker that built your Creek or the Chinese worker that made all of those Chinese goods can't afford to buy the Creek because they make far too little money to afford it.

The only people gaining in profit is the upper management of Creek and the upper management of the manufacturing company in China, not the worker. While you still pay the same price for the amplifier no matter where the Creek is made.

These company's that choose to make their products offshore do so in the lowest wage countries possible with lax laws on manufacturing. Low wage and low cost because there is little environmental protection or workers rights in those countries.

The U.K. and other countries like them can not complete against this because we choose to live in a society that have workers rights, fair pay and environmental protections.

Companies like Roksan and Rega make all of their products in U.K. and compete with Creek on price and quality. They do so by abiding by the rules and laws that allow for a cleaner environment and allows for enough pay for those workers to be able to buy the very same products that they produce.

Have a nice day!

hortensio

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Now, comes again that never-ending "ethical discussions"...

Please, focus to my question...

If u want to discuss social-ethical issues, there will be another forums for that...

Thanks

matthewpiano

hortensio

I think your summation of Roksan as a kind of refined NAD isn't so wide of the mark and, in that respect, if you like the NAD sound (which particularly in their amps is a bit +1 in the bass) then I think you will probably be happy with Roksan.

HOWEVER, your NAD amp is a good NAD amp and for me there is a question mark over whether the Roksan would give you a worthwhile improvement.

Would be interesting to see how others feel about this.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I owned big NADs, Harman/Kardons, Marantzes... Jumping from NAD to Roksan is like from Citroen Saxo with sport exaust into a Mercedes AMG Black. You WILL notice the difference, especially with the new K2 BT model.
grin.gif

Roksan is power and soul bb!

drumset-1.gif

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Vladimir said:
I owned big NADs, Harman/Kardons, Marantzes... Jumping from NAD to Roksan is like from Citroen Saxo with sport exaust into a Mercedes AMG Black. You WILL notice the difference, especially with the new K2 BT model.
grin.gif

Roksan is power and soul bb!

drumset-1.gif

Or loud, confident and wrong.....! (depending on your point of view)

Just like me really......... ;)

CarlDW

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
It would probably be difficult to listen to the Creek and Roksan side by side, however I agree with MP in the fact that the step up from the NAD to the Roksan may not be that great (the Creek has a different presentation, so will most likely sound different in comparison to the NAD).

TRENDING THREADS