Crazy expensive accessory's without warranty it wil work better than something cheaper !

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

npxavar

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
What is different between watches and hi-fi is that with watches you have dull functionality (telling the time) that some believe needs to be glorified. With hi-fi the functionality is anything but dull (playing music).

Paying 100 times more for a watch is much more sensible than paying 100 times more for a fuse.

The £4200 price is 10,000 times more, hence hilarious.

What is different between watches and hi-fi is that with watches you have dull functionality (telling the time) that some believe needs to be glorified. With hi-fi the functionality is anything but dull (playing music).
Whilst I'd agree with you, not everyone would or should - dullness is subjective. Doesn't stop me appreciating a nice watch though, subject to pricing not being silly.

Gray

I don't see a nice watch as a high priority. 50 quid is a lot for me to spend on one.
That would be way too much for me.

That got me thinking and, seriously, apart from hi-fi, I don't think I've ever spent as much as £50 on anything that could be regarded as non essential.
Never 'treat' myself - or anyone else.

That sounds a bit ridiculous, even to me - but it's true.

npxavar

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
That would be way too much for me.

That got me thinking and, seriously, apart from hi-fi, I don't think I've ever spent as much as £50 on anything that could be regarded as non essential.
Never 'treat' myself - or anyone else.

That sounds a bit ridiculous, even to me - but it's true.
You have never bought a video game?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts