Country of residence for members

• Thread starter Deleted member 108165
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 108165

Could we either add a line to the member profiles to include either a country flag or country text so that we can see where the member resides, and make this mandatory for ALL members?

Just seen Al asking a new member what currency he was using when he mentioned 1K spending limit, the guy replied strawberries! Pointless!

Gray

Could we either add a line to the member profiles to include either a country flag or country text so that we can see where the member resides, and make this mandatory for ALL members?

Just seen Al asking a new member what currency he was using when he mentioned 1K spending limit, the guy replied strawberries! Pointless!
I saw that cheeky git too Doug. Talked himself out of any further help from Al I hope.
(He's asking on Wam anyway).

Good idea. It might be achievable for new members but don't see how WHF could roll it out to pre existing members.

D

Deleted member 2457

Is it just me or are we have a load of sarcastic posts more than normal? It’s like some people log in just to stir things up then go once they are getting no attention they go again.

Gray

Is it just me or are we have a load of sarcastic posts more than normal? It’s like some people log in just to stir things up then go once they are getting no attention they go again.
Not just you gel. Lately there's been a
controversial wierdo (OK),
ungrateful one (not OK)
and a rude one ( unacceptable).
In normal times they're probably out and about. Only now they're coming here.

D

Deleted member 2457

Not just you gel. Lately there's been a
controversial wierdo (OK),
ungrateful one (not OK)
and a rude one ( unacceptable).
In normal times they're probably out and about. Only now they're coming here.
Not good then!

Reactions: Gray
D

Deleted member 108165

I thought most of the sarcastic posts came from me :) I can do weirdo, ungrateful, and rude too at a push. We need members so can't be too choosy can we.

Reactions: scene and Gray
I thought most of the sarcastic posts came from me :) I can do weirdo, ungrateful, and rude too at a push. We need members so can't be too choosy can we.
Indeed we do which is why I let it go over my head.
As I am now a moderator it's part of my job now to see this forum progresses in the right direction , this can be tricky at times with the comments some newer members post but I have backup and it's nice to see other forum members looking after each other.
To be honest, until I read your post, I didn't realise he had responded to my nationality question.
Bigger fools him, hopefully he's annoying people on the WAM as well. :)

Reactions: Gray

scene

You know what'll happen if we add flags for nationality, it'll all kick off about (say) should it be the union flag for UK members, or English, Scottish, Welsh, Northern Irish flags, etc.

Complete minefield.

And some people may not even want to say.

Reactions: kramer2020
You know what'll happen if we add flags for nationality, it'll all kick off about (say) should it be the union flag for UK members, or English, Scottish, Welsh, Northern Irish flags, etc.

Complete minefield.

The flag bit is a non starter. The idea that they publicise where you're email account is logged is perhaps the way to go but, believe me, it isn't going to work on any but new membership.
If people have a problem in stating where they are from they shouldn't be here in the first instance.

kramer2020

Apr 18, 2020
Visit site

Complete minefield.

.... Scotsman, Irishman, Welshman, Englishman walk into a bar :eek:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts