Could you recommend me a turntable

Hello; I'm interested on buying my first turntable, so I'm very noob on this topic. I have a budget of 450€. In the research I've done I've found 2 turntables that seem to be OK.

-Sony PS-HX500

-Audio Technica ATH-LP5

Both include a ADC, but I'm not planning to use it so I would like to spend the least money posible on that, so feel free to recommend me another turntable tha can be better than those

Thank you.

Oier

P.S:Sorry for my bad English

Oier Lauzirika said:
Hello; I'm interested on buying my first turntable, so I'm very noob on this topic. I have a budget of 450€. In the research I've done I've found 2 turntables that seem to be OK.

-Sony PS-HX500

-Audio Technica ATH-LP5

Both include a ADC, but I'm not planning to use it so I would like to spend the least money posible on that, so feel free to recommend me another turntable tha can be better than those

Thank you.

Oier

P.S:Sorry for my bad English

Welcome to the forum Oier.

What do you plan to connect this turntable to? Would be my first question. What is the rest of your system? Do you already have a record collection?

If you don't then forget the vinyl hype and stick to CD's.

If you don't need that inbuilt phono preamp / ADC capacity then don't pay for it.

Thank you for your answer, Al Ears. I don't have either CDs or LPs but I'm very interested on starting my own LP collection. Probably, my ears aren't able to apreciate the improvemennt in quality from CDs to LPs but I think that is much cooler to have your music stored on LPs than on CDs.

My sound system doesn't have a built-in pre-amp, so the turntable must have one built-in. But no, I don't need a ADC.

Thank you for your answer, Al Ears. I don't have either CDs or LPs but I'm very interested on starting my own LP collection. Probably, my ears aren't able to apreciate the improvemennt in quality from CDs to LPs but I think that is much cooler to have your music stored on LPs than on CDs.

My sound system doesn't have a built-in pre-amp, so the turntable must have one built-in. But no, I don't need a ADC.

D

Deleted member 108165

Oier Lauzirika said:

There is no improvement in quality between CD and LP, it's just a different presentation. Unless you are willing to spend lots of cash on an analogue system then the results will be worse than CD. As for being cool and impressive I really think you are missing the point.

However, if you are intent on being Mr Cool then buy yourself a nice cheap analogue system and then wonder why it doesn't sound as good as your mp3's.

Oier Lauzirika said:

Many people who read my posts know my opinion of trying to start off a system using vinyl as a source on a limited budget.

It is not recommended if you are attempting to get anything like CD sound quality. The cost of new vinyl alone can be prohibitive where cheaper second-hand vinyl isn't going to do it either.

The cost of a cartridge to get really decent replay also isn't cheap. It is, of course, up you how you spend your money but with a budget turntable as a starting point you will only get a certain grade of sound that is possible to extract from a piece of vinyl.

My own personal experience of decent quality vinyl sound came from an old direct drive turntable and a decent nagaoka cart. This combo performed well above its price, and was very enjoyable.

if I were to do this again on a budget, I'd definitely go for used/ex dem equipment, of good quality and start from there.

I was lucky enough to have a leema amp, which has a cracking phono stage so that helped a lot too.

so, to the o.p. If you want to experience vinyl, for whatever reason, give it a go. But be warned, if you get the vinyl bug be prepared to spend a whole lot of money.

e.g. My second vinyl setup cost me more than ten times what I had spent on the first.

And buying 200 albums in a year came at a huge cost too.

bigfish786 said:
My own personal experience of decent quality vinyl sound came from an old direct drive turntable and a decent nagaoka cart. This combo performed well above its price, and was very enjoyable.

if I were to do this again on a budget, I'd definitely go for used/ex dem equipment, of good quality and start from there.

I was lucky enough to have a leema amp, which has a cracking phono stage so that helped a lot too.

so, to the o.p. If you want to experience vinyl, for whatever reason, give it a go. But be warned, if you get the vinyl bug be prepared to spend a whole lot of money.

e.g. My second vinyl setup cost me more than ten times what I had spent on the first.

And buying 200 albums in a year came at a huge cost too.

I concur wholeheartedly but a decent vinyl experience on a budget is not easy to attain. Bear in mind the OP wants a deck with a decent inbuilt phono preamp. These do not exist, not at the expense of also having a decent cartridge.

Budget wisely with a separate preamp would be my advice but this is only going to lead to a load more complications if you are a newbie.

My last suggestion would be to buy the most basic Rega deck you can find second-hand, then add a separate phono preamp and add the most expensive cartridge your budget will allow.

thewinelake.

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Maybe something like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Systemdek-IIX-Turntable-Linn-Basik-Plus-Arm-/122097744717?hash=item1c6d97bb4d:g:plEAAOSwU-pXvMva

thewinelake. said:

Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole. You'd have to spend out on a decent cartridge as well which puts it way outside budget.

Plus it's collection only and, from name alone, plus the fact he's quoting Euros, I doubt the OP resides in this country. Might be wrong but whatever, it's a no-no.

It pays to read the initial question in depth.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts