Could WHFI S&V please clarify something for me?

Dear Clare, Andrew, Simon, Andy. Could you make an old fool happy on a Sunday afternoon.

Last night I cleared up mags and found the May edition 2009. So thought I'd have a quick browse and noticed, looking at the 'SOUND ADVICE' section that was. In it there's a bit about the A65+ and the mag has commented: "It's not the most vigorous amp, but in some respects it's more than a match for the Group Test participants. . ."

As I never heard the latest incarnations of the top buget brands like Rotel, Marantz, Nad etc, in which sonic area is the A65 "more than a match."

Thank you

pp

Is anyone out there who could answer my question, please?
emotion-1.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Sorry, I missed this on Sunday afternoon - and you're lucky it got spotted at 9.30pm!

Sadly I don't know that Arcam well enough to answer your question, but i'll flag this thread up to the team tomorrow morning.

Ketan Bharadia

Jun 7, 2007
Visit site
Hello,
ÿIf you place ease of listening over outright excitment and resolution the A65 is still worth a look. It's also well-built, and packed with useful features.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I thought the A65+ was at the spearhead of their changes to your system when you were on Reader Rescue a while back.

What amps did they substitute, and what were your findings PP?

Big Chris:I thought the A65+ was at the spearhead of their changes to your system when you were on Reader Rescue a while back. What amps did they substitute, and what were your findings PP?

Absolutely, BC, and nothing has really changed. I was just responding to a comment made in May's edition.

Yeah, the Roksan kandy LIII and the Cyrus 8VS2 was tested in the reader Rescue. The kandy sounded superb, likewise the Cyrus. However, the Cyrus sounded better with vocals on my system, but overall the Kandy had slightly better synergy - aesthetically matched well with other components, too. The only thing I wasn't thrilled with was the kandy's slight leaning towards a boistrous presentation with certain music.

However, the goal posts have moved a little because I'm looking at getting rid on my current set-up. A wholesale clear-out, you might say.
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts