Cost of text message for competition

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I recently entered a competition by SMS. I think it was in the Ultimate Guide magazine. To win £7000 worth of hifi. I received a confirmation text in reply which cost 25p in addition to the text I sent. It didn't state this anywhere on the competition page in the magazine. I feel this should have been made clear before I entered.

I hope I don't receive any more texts from what hi-fi which cost me money. 

A

Anonymous

Although it's not unusal for text entries to carry a charge you are absolutely right, it should be flagged within the terms & conditions. I can only apologise and ensure we warn readers when using this mechanism again. I can also assure you that you won't be receiving any random texts from What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision which cost you any money. Best of luck in the draw!

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Oh come on scoxall. 7ks worth of gear for a few bobs worth of texts
emotion-40.gif

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
scoxall:

I recently entered a competition by SMS. I think it was in the Ultimate Guide magazine. To win £7000 worth of hifi. I received a confirmation text in reply which cost 25p in addition to the text I sent. It didn't state this anywhere on the competition page in the magazine. I feel this should have been made clear before I entered.

I hope I don't receive any more texts from what hi-fi which cost me money.

Is this some kinda joke? its 25p!!!!!! i know theres a recession but c'mon..........

I cant enter the comps............. so scoxall, how about i give you £1 and if your name gets called out i get the £7000 worth of HiFi, and you still win and your quids in? You cant lose
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

I just wasn't expecting it. That's all. If they charge for a reply you should know about it first. Otherwise I'm not complaining.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts