Coronavirus

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

Got my second jab this Sunday, I managed to bring it forward by 2 weeks and a half on the originally booked second jab! :)

Reactions: 12th Monkey
D

Deleted member 2457

We’ve got this Indian variant too which I am a bit concerned about, as its getting closer to home!

Many vaccines are made using deactivated virus, including the flu vaccine.
Yes, I know that. I'm a doctor by the way. But there are only 2 vaccines which use complete infective SARS-CoV-2 viral particle consisting of RNA surrounded by a protein shell, but modified so that it cannot replicate. Covaxin and CoronaVac.

D

Deleted member 2457

Yes. Although the proportion of hospital admissions and deaths are low compared to number of positive cases. The number of admissions are going up. At this rate, it is likely NHS will become overwhelmed in the end of July or beginning of August.
Not good news! My nurse said she is really worried too. I am definitely still wearing my mask. :mask:

jjbomber

At this rate, it is likely NHS will become overwhelmed in the end of July or beginning of August.
I don't think the general public realise how easy this will happen. It just takes one member of the NHS staff to test positive and the rest of the staff who have worked with this person have to be sent home and tested. It's very easy for whole wards to be overwhelmed.

I genuinely hope that I am wrong on this, but the stats are really not encouraging in terms of admissions. Relaxing all the rules looks like another mistake to me - trusting people to be responsible after 18 months of crap is like asking George Best to stick to mineral water...

Gray

In England, from September a Covid passport may be necessary before nightclub entry.
Until then, as the virus picks up speed, everybody's welcome.
"I took the risk and I loved it" said one non-vaccinated clubgoer.
No wonder Americans have been advised against travelling here.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts