Cooling Fans

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi folks

I'm new to this forum and I have a dilema. I purchased a SONY KDL-V32A12U LCD tv from a Sony Centre 18 months ago after reading the review in the mag. After a couple of weeks, the fans made a buzzing noise.I complained to the Sony Centre and after a few 'discussions' and a letter to Sony UK they agreed to replace them.The engineer that arrived did agree they were loud but uttered the dreaded words 'they all do that'. They were duly replaced but to no avail.During quite passages in Movies the fans dominate and with the TV on and the sound muted it's terrible plus if the set is then turned off the silence is deafening so to speak.

MY questions are: has anyone else noticed whirring fans? My mates Panasonic and my sons Samsung don't do it so is just Sony? How much should I sell the thing for with the balance of a 4 year warranty as I'm fed up.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

[quote user="hdready"]
MY questions are: has anyone else noticed whirring fans? My mates Panasonic and my sons Samsung don't do it so is just Sony? How much should I sell the thing for with the balance of a 4 year warranty as I'm fed up.

Cheers

[/quote]

I looked up your model number and there are indeed reports of the fans being noisy. Even a review mentions it.

Would you believe that even the latest flagship Sony X3000/X3500 have noisy fans (the 52" is fan-less). This was stated by many people on an AV forum, others said that they couldn't hear them, but I am quite sensitive to electronic buzz and fan noise on my equipment. It is alleged that Sony are aware of it and a firmware update for the X slows the fans and makes them less noticeable. Some say that their PS3 is louder so aren't bothered by it.

I was going to get a 46" X3000/X3500 and read about this issue. I could hear the fans on a 46" X3500 in my local Sony Centre so didn't bother. I'm looking at the Samsung F86 instead.

I suggest looking on Ebay for examples of what your model goes for.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts