Controlling surround sound volume using sky+ remote

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Anyone know if this is possible?

What if I connect the surround amp via the TV headphone socket and keep the surround sound volume fixed?

OR is there a 'SKY+ friendly' Universal Remote that wll do this? My 'future proof' 6 in 1 remote is a pretty generic one and doesn't behave as my Sky remote does, so is currently consigned to gathering dust.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
It would help if you told us what type of surround sound system it is, but it should be possible, I've programmed mine to control the volume on my ten year old Sony STR-930 receiver, it does volume, mute and will also switch the amp on and off (it works slightly differently to controlling a TV in that respect, in that you don't use the standby button, you press "TV" and then the left directional button).

You can find a procedure here. I will say I had to do it a few times, I think I kept missing a step for some reason.

Incidentally, I've never been able to figure out what the "other AV amplifier functions" are that are mentioned, I've only found the volume, mute and power functions, don't know if it does anything else. Sadly they don't seem to refer to what the functions might be.

A

Anonymous

Well I haven't said what I have, as its about to be sold on ebay - I wanted to ask this question to be as well informed as I can when choosing a replacement.

My current surround amp, however, is a Sony DAV-S 550, DVD Player/Surround Amp. Nice system, had it five years, but I've decided to go separate DVD and surround system this time. I use it but the rest of the family won't bother with it as they are all used to one remote for everything, and my son keeps pinching the batteries out of the DAV S 550 for his Wii remote!!!!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
daveh75:T'is possible yes. Instruction's and codes here

Err, yeah, what I said!
emotion-40.gif

A

Anonymous

Guys - the link you both posted is EXACTLY what I was hoping for, I owe you one, thank you so much for this!!!!

(Odds on they'll all say 'but we liked it better the old way', but what can you do!)

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
the_lhc:

rh2705:Guys - the link you both posted is EXACTLY what I was hoping for, I owe you one, thank you so much for this!!!!

HUH??!? HELLO?

BAH!!!1!
emotion-12.gif

Eh?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
al7478:the_lhc:

rh2705:Guys - the link you both posted is EXACTLY what I was hoping for, I owe you one, thank you so much for this!!!!

HUH??!? HELLO?

BAH!!!1!
emotion-12.gif

Eh?

RH went back and edited his post to thank both of us instead of just dave, I hate it when that happens! Ruined my joke...

A

Anonymous

******!!! I was hoping no one would notice my little faux pas! Still, once again, thanks very much indeed!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts