Considering Two Options for Budget Desktop Speakers

linkgoron

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I'm currently looking for some speakers for my desktop. They will be used to listen to music (mostly prog) and some gaming.

I'm not in europe (or the US), and basically the best option for me is to import. My two (reasonable) options that I've seen are the JBL LSR 305 monitors and the Kef Egg. The LSR305 are widely praised, and I've also seen lots of good reviews for the Kef Egg. I can import the LSR305 for $380 or the Kef Egg for $460. I know they're quite different beasts, but as I can't audition them, I was wondering if anyone here has any input about them. Obviously, other recommendations are welcome - although I will have to see if I can import them.

I also have a Schiit Vali 2 which can function as a pre-amp, connected to a Modi 2 uber dac.

Any help would be appreciated!

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
linkgoron said:
Hi,

I'm currently looking for some speakers for my desktop. They will be used to listen to music (mostly prog) and some gaming.

I'm not in europe (or the US), and basically the best option for me is to import. My two (reasonable) options that I've seen are the JBL LSR 305 monitors and the Kef Egg. The LSR305 are widely praised, and I've also seen lots of good reviews for the Kef Egg. I can import the LSR305 for $380 or the Kef Egg for $460. I know they're quite different beasts, but as I can't audition them, I was wondering if anyone here has any input about them. Obviously, other recommendations are welcome - although I will have to see if I can import them.

I also have a Schiit Vali 2 which can function as a pre-amp, connected to a Modi 2 uber dac.

Any help would be appreciated!

Audioengine A2's are superb value and punch way above their weight. Check out the stereophile review..

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
How abaout Steljes NS3? They are cheap enough to leave something left over for the shipping to wherever you are. Sound quality wise they are supposed to run the acclaimed Q Acoustics BT3 close(ish).

linkgoron

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
The only shop that I found that actually ships the NS3 worldwide is thehut.com. Are they reliable? I must admit that free international shipping sounds too good to be true... Also, while reviews are positive how are they compared to the other options? I don't really care for the connectivity options, as they'll be connected to my pre-amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts