Considering installing Hana ml,advice please

rayolight

Jul 21, 2021
Visit site
I currently have an Audio Technica vm95sh installed on a Clearaudio Concept turntable . I am considering upgrading to a Hana ml cartridge, but am not sure if the turntable is good enough for the cartridge and also is it going to be a noticeable improvement on the current cartridge. Unfortunately not able to get a demo on the cartridge, am only going on reviews that I have read. I would appreciate any comments from anyone who has experience of the Hana ml, and also anyone who has it installed on a Clearaudio Concept turntable
Thanks1000017937.jpg

I currently have an Audio Technica vm95sh installed on a Clearaudio Concept turntable . I am considering upgrading to a Hana ml cartridge, but am not sure if the turntable is good enough for the cartridge and also is it going to be a noticeable improvement on the current cartridge. Unfortunately not able to get a demo on the cartridge, am only going on reviews that I have read. I would appreciate any comments from anyone who has experience of the Hana ml, and also anyone who has it installed on a Clearaudio Concept turntable
ThanksView attachment 7701
What phono preamp do you have?
You'll need a good one to get the best out of this cartridge.
Not sure about the pairing with that tonearm as I don't know it's effective mass.

Last edited:

rayolight

Jul 21, 2021
Visit site
What phono preamp do you have?
You'll need a good one to get the best out of this cartridge.
Not sure about the pairing with that tonearm as I don't know it's effective mass.
I have 2 to choose from Music Fidelity MX Vynl and Vincent Ph701 which is a Hybrid, the Vincent is connected at the moment. I believe the effective mass of the arm is 9gm

Attachments

• 1000017938.jpg
    1000017938.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I have 2 to choose from Music Fidelity MX Vynl and Vincent Ph701 which is a Hybrid, the Vincent is connected at the moment. I believe the effective mass of the arm is 9gm
I believe both those phono preamps can accommodate a low output moving coil cartridge so absolutely no reason I wouldn't buy the Hana ML, it should do well on your turntable but must admit I have never owned a Clearaudio deck.

rayolight

Jul 21, 2021
Visit site
I appreciate your comments. I purchased the Vincent as I like the warm sound of valve,and must admit to the fun of tube rolling to alter the sound.The clearaudio turntable performs well, and is ultra quiet in operation. Am waiting for Black Friday now as hoping for a good price from one of the Spanish audio suppliers. 😃

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts