Connections

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Please be gentle I'm a novice ~ have finally taken the HD route and purchased Foxsat HDR, Samsung 40B8000 and intend purchasing Sony S760 Blu-Ray player. Still have rather old Marantz SR4200 receiver (no HDMI). If I use optical connection from receiver to Foxsat and a good HDMI cable from Sony to TV ~ how do I best get audio from Sony to receiver ?? Very willing to change Marantz for Denon AVR1910 (such good reviews and has HDMI connections) so could I then use HDMI lead from Sony to AV receiver ~ provided the Sony allows for this?? Sorry I did say I was a novice !

A

Anonymous

Hello,

With the marantz, I think you will need to use the multi analogue connections from the sony S760 if it has them. Thats the phono outputs from the back of the sony that will cater for each channel of sound (each speaker basically). You will need a phono lead for each channel. You then connect them to the corresponding inputs in your amp if it has them. It is my understanding that this will give you HD sound.

Or if you get the new AV amp then its a simple case of one hdmi lead from teh blu ray to the amp.

A

Anonymous

mmm, new kit!
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks Gander ~ seems I should get the new Denon which should make life much easier. Presume the Sony will have more than one HDMI output, one direct to TV for the visuals and one to the AV amp for the sound. Need to find out what the Sony has on its rear !!!

daveh75

ashsquires:Presume the Sony will have more than one HDMI output, one direct to TV for the visuals and one to the AV amp for the sound. Need to find out what the Sony has on its rear !!!
No The sony S760 only has 1 HDMI output, as do most,if not all Blu ray players. So you would run an HDMI cable from the sony to 1 of the HDMI inputs on the Denon AVR1910, then another HDMI lead from the Denons HDMI output to your screen.

A

Anonymous

daveh75 ~ brilliant, many thanks ~ that's exactly what I needed to know. I did say I was a novice !!! Shame my AV amp is some distance from where existing DVD player (future blu-ray) and TV are located ~ though could locate Sony next to AV amp and just have the one long HDMI cable ~ needs to run under carpet and around fire-place mind you, so can't be too thick (or too expensive for such a run) Food for thought though ~ many thanks for your help.
emotion-2.gif
');" title="Big Smile -
emotion-2.gif
">
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts