connection settings

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Last night, my wife called me into the lounge to say she couldn't get any sound from the amp and she'd pushed "all the buttons" to try and get it to work :?
Now, I thought that the the Virgin HD box (connected by optical cable) was set to AFD on my Sony amp, however when that is selected, it outputs 2 channel stereo. (I use AFD for the Blueray player). So, Should I expect 5.1 sound from the Virgin box over optical, or will I need to let the amp process it to 5.1?
I'm sure it was always on AFD, but maybe I'm cracking up! (The virgin box is set to output via the optical cable) Any help to put me out of my confusion will be gratefully received!
Mart

A

Anonymous

Well, seeing how everyone rushed to help.... :)

I found out the problem. The audio subtitles function had been enabled on the Virgin box, thus setting all channels to 2 channel stereo. Once switched back, 5.1 returned. :bounce:

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
There's almost no way anyone here would have been able to guess that. Sometimes nobody's seen a particular problem before. Happily, now that you have, you'll be able to answer the question for anyone who asks in the future!

A

Anonymous

The_Lhc said:
There's almost no way anyone here would have been able to guess that. Sometimes nobody's seen a particular problem before. Happily, now that you have, you'll be able to answer the question for anyone who asks in the future!

True, and fair enough. However I did think it was an amp setting rather than the V-box!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts