Connection Dilemma !!! Sky+ via RGB or Svid

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Do I connect my sky+ via scart direct to TV or via Svid to Amp???   which will give me the best picture quality ??? I,m aware that the amp will upscale to 1080p. The TV is wall mounted so would need a 3m scart so by doing this will i loose any signal quality. 

Any techies out there please help.

Gozaradio

Jul 16, 2008
Visit site
In general, RGB will look better than S-Video - can't comment on upscaling abilities of your TV versus your AV receiver though so that is an unknown factor.

Just make sure you get a good quality SCART lead that isn't much longer than you need

b33k34

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
if you've got the cables try both and see which looks best to you. different TV's treat different sources differently (as well as the two possilbe upscalers you could use). RGB *should* look better as there's more information for the scaler to work with but you never know until you try.

A

Anonymous

So, am i correct in saying that my TV upscales the image automatically anyway ??

Gozaradio

Jul 16, 2008
Visit site
Yes, your TV has to scale any image it receives to it's native resolution - even when ut's using its built in freeview tuner, it's scaling that.

One of the usual reasons for putting video through your receiver is for convenience but it's basically just doing the same job as the TV. However, if you have an old TV and a new good quality receiver, you may find that it does a better job of upscaling than your TV. On the other hand, the RGB signal should look better than an s-video signal.

But as b33 said - best to try both and see which looks better to you - in the end, that's all that matters.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts