Connecting TV to HiFi

Miker

Jul 26, 2007
Visit site
I'm looking into the options for a digital TV, either Freeview or Freesat, and am wondering whether I could connect either service to my Hi-Fi set up below, and what extra kit I would need. I would need a cable run of about 20 feet from TV to Hi-Fi, preferably flat to go under the carpet.
CD8x/Psxr ] - Prevs2/Psxr - 2*XPower - Spendor S5e
LP12 - Rega Fono ]
Cyrus interconnects and Nordost Super Flat Bi-wire speaker cable

A

Anonymous

Easy one this is, check on the back of your tv if you have audio out sockets connect an rca phono cable to them and then connect it to for instance your auxillary connection on your amp.

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
You could go further and get the Cyrus AV Master if you intend to start indulging in a bit of surround sound. It has its limitations in terms of cutting edge home cinema, but if music is your main priority and you also want the surround sound experience, it's well worth a punt if you can pick up a bargain.

In TV/DVD/BlueRay mode, the AV Master will fuel the centre and rears, while your existing kit would continue to drive your Spendors. I changed my set-up from an AV receiver to the Cyrus one listed below and I'm well chuffed with it!

A

Anonymous

You mean the aux input on the amp is already taken? in that case put it into the video input, or the cd input or the tuner input.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I have a Panasonic DVD/HDD recorder which has a Freeview tuner built in. It has an optical digital audio ouput connection. I connect this to my DAC (Toslink) and it sounds superb with DVD, television & Freeview radio.

A Beresford TC-7510 DAC will cost about £120 + £7.99 for an optical cable.

Miker:The trouble is that the Aux/PH input is already taken by the LP12 TT.

Surely you must have enough inputs to have one spare to either plug in the TV or a DAC....

Prevs2_re.jpg

http://www.cyrusaudio.com/prd_downloads/Prevs2_re.jpg

Tuner, MP3, Tape, AV.... they are all line level and suitable for an RCA from the DAC or from the TV.

Miker

Jul 26, 2007
Visit site
Tuner, MP3, Tape, AV - thanks for the info. That's what I want to know. I'll use one of these.

Any flat RCA cable around?

A

Anonymous

Not sure what you mean by flat rca cable, this is what I use http://www.cutpricecables.co.uk/ (the one on the right)

Miker

Jul 26, 2007
Visit site
It's just that I have flat Nordost speaker cables that are laid under the carpet and will stand being walked upon. I can get away with putting the standard round cables around the skirting boards but it is not a simple task given the geography of the room.

TRENDING THREADS