Connecting Sky HD to Onkyo 605??????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
When i connect ps3 via hdmi i get MultiCh on it which i am told is the best sound settings. When i connect SKY HD via Optical it wont even come up with DD light. Am i doing something wrong whats the best settings for watching a film on SKY HD.

Neo6 seems about the best setting or AllChSt

regards

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
It will only show Dolby Digital when the program being broadcast is in DD, and the optical output option on the Sky+HD's audio menu is set to Dolby D.

I tend to use the Dolby Pro-Logic IIx Music setting for listening to non-DD TV material, the amp defaulting to DD when suitable content is broadcast.

A

Anonymous

Its set on sky correct

Is Dolby Pro-Logic IIx Move not better than Dolby Pro-Logic IIx Music for films. Tried i few new films on sky hd which must be DD and still dose not come up!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
PLIIx Movie can work well with films, but can tend to give a pretty odd sound with some stereo content. PLIIx Music does a better job, with the Centre Width opened up a shade and the Dimension and Panorama settings kept low.

The fact you're not getting Dolby Digital on movies - assuming they say DD on the onscreen info bar - suggests one of the following

a) You're still taking sound from the HDMI, not the optical cable, in which case you need to go into the receiver settings and ensure whichever input you're using for Sky is configured to take sound from the optical cable.

or b) Your default decode format for that input isn't set to Dolby Digital. Again, that's a matter of going into the receiver settings and changing it.

A

Anonymous

I have the same problem.

I just switch until I find something my ears like.

Sometimes I use movie, and or music, all depends really.

Then when HD movie on it goes to DD and I just leave that, unless I am feeling lucky,

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
mike0619:Tried i few new films on sky hd which must be DD and still dose not come up!

There's nothing on SkyHD which MUST be DD, look in the EPG for the film, it'll have DD on it if it is DD. I come across an annoying amount of films on the HD channels which have a "normal" soundtrack.

A

Anonymous

What an idiot i am forgot got a new sky box and forgot to change to digital output to dolby digital.

Is this my best setting for movies then

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts