Connecting my velodyne to the line level out not in,,,damage possibly?any thoughts guys

bass-boy68

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi there guys , It's been awhile since I have been on but I had an experience the other day , thursday , and cleaned up my cabling which has been very messy . The reason was that I am Bi-Amping my front 2 way Image loudspeakers with my Yamaha RX-V1900 and after setting it again to run with single amp feed I continued to orginise mt cables! Now I came to the QED reference 6 meter sub cable with Y connector and when connecting it back to the velodyne I accidentily used the Line Level Output and not the correct Line Level Input!!!! ,and proceeded to watch "The Sweeny" , not too bad a movie rehash...3 1/2 popcorns out of 5 . I did not really noticce anything too out of the ordinary but did think it sounded fat and lean in the 2way speakers so ran the mic calibration.

So here is the thing...Could I have caused any possibilty for damage and how so guys...Yes I'm a tool for not paying attention! But any feedback appreciated. The Sub seems to be fine and was wondering if any of the circutry was already protected.

best regards to all

KiaOra from Aotearoa...All the best from New Zealand

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Line out pass through's are usually either buffered with an op-amp, or they are simply connected to the line in internally via a couple of resistors. Yours is the latter as with an op amp buffered circuit you wouldn't have got any sound. In answer to your question, no you wouldn't have damage anything.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts