Connecting Macbook to Aiwa MX-70

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello whathifi

I've got a very basic hifi set up with an old Aiwa MX-70 Amp. TX-70 Tuner, a new Pro-Ject essential turntable and old Sony Speakers.

Basically I wanted to know what the best way to connect my Macbook pro to my amp would be, considering it doesn't (as far as I can tell) have a Digital Optical Input

Can anyone help?

A

Anonymous

I've heard complaints about a really noticeable buzzing noise when doing that though. Is this just something I'll have to bear with regardless or is it not all that common?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
It's not very common on Macs to be honest. I ran my Mac Mini to my HiFi for months before buying an external DAC and never heard any buzzing. Conversely my HP Windows laptop is hopeless for it; far too much electrical noise when its headphone socket is connected straight to an amp.

But, you will always get better sound though if you invest in a decent external DAC. The one which all the reviews seem to rave about at the moment is the Audioquest Dragonfly which is no bigger than a USB flash drive.

Basically I'd just give it a go and see. You can pick up a lead off eBay for about £2 if not less. What have you to lose?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts