Question Connecting a laptop to a Marantz pm6007

Spuddywuddy

Feb 27, 2021
Visit site
Hi, I'm new here so please forgive any mistakes I make.

I would like to connect a laptop to a Marantz pm6007 which has a built in dac. But it only has 2 optical in's and a coaxial in, not a usb in. My laptop does not have optical out. Thx in advance

marantz-pm6007-rear_1.jpg

Reactions: pete9012s

Gray

You could go from laptop headphone out to a line input on the Marantz.
But something like this might be a better idea:
Note that there's a simple software upgrade said to change its sound very much for the better.
Very few reviews (including the one above) even mention it.

Gray

Reactions: Al ears

jjbomber

Behringer UCA222 to convert the laptop USB to optical output. Cost about £21. Toslink cable to required length. No brainer. You need to take a digital signal from the laptop and use the superior Marantz DAC.

Haddo85

May 16, 2022
Visit site
With apologies for resurrecting an old thread, may I ask a couple of follow-up questions? Same issue as the OP.

The PM6007 manual says, on digital audio input: 'Do not input non-PCM signals, such as Dolby Digital, DTS and AAC. ' - Is this something I'd need to worry about when running audio from a laptop USB to the amp's optical input (via a converter)?

And if going the other route of USB to RCA, which port is best to use on the amp? There is no 'Aux' RCA port like there was on older models, just CD/Network/Tuner. I guess 'Network' , but does it matter?

Many thanks!

Gray

With apologies for resurrecting an old thread, may I ask a couple of follow-up questions? Same issue as the OP.

The PM6007 manual says, on digital audio input: 'Do not input non-PCM signals, such as Dolby Digital, DTS and AAC. ' - Is this something I'd need to worry about when running audio from a laptop USB to the amp's optical input (via a converter)?

And if going the other route of USB to RCA, which port is best to use on the amp? There is no 'Aux' RCA port like there was on older models, just CD/Network/Tuner. I guess 'Network' , but does it matter?

Many thanks!
Answer to question 1: No.
Question 2: No again. All those you've listed are electrically identical, you could use any one 👍

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts