Connect HDMI (on TV) to Scart on DVD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I want to connect my LCD panel (HDMI socket) to my DVD (Scart Socket) using the HDMI cable,

Are there some kind of adaptors available in the market ??

Thanks in advance to all.

kind regards

A

Anonymous

Can't you just use the SCART sockets on both devices? It'll be easier and won't affect the quality of what you see.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Or for not much more than any kind of fancy adaptor, you could buy a decent DVD player with HDMI output - just £60 will get you a fantastic Toshiba or Samsung player....

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:Or for not much more than any kind of fancy adaptor, you could buy a decent DVD player with HDMI output - just £60 will get you a fantastic Toshiba or Samsung player....

Are the hdmi ports on dvd players just for output? What if you wanted to record something from the tv on to a recordable dvd player, can that be done using hdmi?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Clare Newsome:Or for not much more than any kind of fancy adaptor, you could buy a decent DVD player with HDMI output - just £60 will get you a fantastic Toshiba or Samsung player....

Or if you don't do that, use component. You can get some ridiculous deals on ebay for top £100 component cables like Chord's for circa £20. This would make a big difference to using scart.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Ginder:Clare Newsome:Or for not much more
than any kind of fancy adaptor, you could buy a decent DVD player with
HDMI output - just £60 will get you a fantastic Toshiba or Samsung
player....

Are the hdmi ports on dvd players just for output? What if you wanted
to record something from the tv on to a recordable dvd player, can that
be done using hdmi?

Modern DVD recorders record from their internal TV tuners, not the one in your TV. They have other inputs that make it easy, for example, for you to transfer camcorder footage etc to hard drive/disc. And you can use their Scart input to back-up other sources: including Sky TV box.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts