Confused ??? Pana TX37LZD70 vs Pana TH42PX70

leedsbear

Nov 1, 2007
Visit site
My head is spinning following some reviews and need someone kind help and advice. I was all set to buy the Pana TH42PX70 Plasma until I noticed the new Pana TX37LZD70 LCD with full HD.

My room can take either a 42 or a 37. I am using a SKY+SD box and SD DVD player for the time being until I upgrade to a blu-ray DVD player later next year. For sound I will be using a Marantz OSE amp.

My 2 areas of conceren are, the Plasma is not full HD and will I regret this not being future proofed and if I opt for the 37" LCD which is full HD, will I look at it and think, damn should have got a 42".

I currently have a 28" CRT Panasonic which I have had for about 8 years and it has served me well, so both TV's will be a big improvement.

The obvious answer is a 42" full HD panasonic, however I cannot afford this and I am only interested in abuying a panasonic.

Can someone please just give me the confidence to make a decision, ideally based on their experiences of either TV. Many many thanks.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Buy the 42in. As it can accept native 1080p at 24fps, it is perfectly futureproof.

It'll look better with your SD sources now, and blisteringly good when you make the move to HD.

In addition, the TH42PX70 has all the plasma advantages of incredible black depth and exceptional contrast. So, not only will you get a bigger picture than the LCD, it'l be better, too.

Matt_B

Oct 29, 2007
Visit site
Clare

will there be any revelations/new units in the issue out on the 15th - the TV special supplement? Still trying to persuade wife to go for the 37px70 but she's adament that everyones buying LCD's and so would like either the 40D3000, 40W2000 or 40W3000 (pretty much ruled this out on price for the moment)

regards Matt

A

Anonymous

She will love you big time if you show her the price of the panny 42" px (under £700) !! or push the boat out with the 42pz70 (under £1000). In that price range I cannot believe she could find an LCD with a better picture.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Matt_B"]
Clare

will there be any revelations/new units in the issue out on the 15th - the TV special supplement? Still trying to persuade wife to go for the 37px70 but she's adament that everyones buying LCD's and so would like either the 40D3000, 40W2000 or 40W3000 (pretty much ruled this out on price for the moment)

regards Matt

[/quote]

There are several new sets in the December issue/supplement - including the new 46in 'F'-range Samsung, a 37in Full HD Grundig, and the print review of the 37in Pana Full HD LCD. I'm sure there are a couple more as well, but sadly I'm at our Show at the moment, not at work with the full contents run-down in front of me....

I really would urge you to go for a new-gen set if you can....

Matt_B

Oct 29, 2007
Visit site
OK thanks for that, will hold off for a couple of weeks.

Maximum size unit really wanted to go for was 100cm width, why do new houses have stupid long thin rooms where you have to shove the tv in the corner!

Might be able to go to 104 which opens up a few 42" units.

PZ70 would have been tempting but can't believe they put the speakers on the side rather than underneath - same with their 37 LCD unit.

regards Matt

A

Anonymous

I have just bought the 42" PZ Panni for £1099 with 5 year guarentee. Only playing SD at the moment but the picture quality is superb. I know the speakers are on the side but the sound was far better than the Samsungs because of this. The HD pictures in the shop on it were spectacular and I can't wait to get a HD player to use on it.

Neil

Matt_B

Oct 29, 2007
Visit site
just makes it a bit too big for the corner of my room though otherwise I'd probably go the same way.

I'll have to get the tape measure out again

LeeBishop

Aug 14, 2007
Visit site
I would have to agree with Neilmac as well, the SD pictures on this telly are really good and blu ray is just amazing, a great telly, and prices are round the 1k mark!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts