Confused.com

stiffy

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I've just recently bought a mint Sony CDP 561E which I'd intended to replace my Marantz CD52MKII which had developed a fault. However since getting it, typically the 52 has decided to behave itself. This has lead me to constantly swopping between both CDP's in order to establish which sound I prefer. To my ears I think the 52 has the Sony beaten. But now I'm unsettled and am contemplating buying a CD52MKII SE. I've also resorted to swopping my tuners (Marantz and Sony). The Marantz wins again. Now I changed my speakers a while ago from Mission 70MKII's to KEF Coda 9's, problem is I still Have the Missions and am resisting the temptation to try them again with the Sony CDP. What's wrong with me ....is this what being 'into hifi' is like or do I need to send for the looney tune brigade. I've advertised both Sony items and the Missions in an effort to rid me of this evil curse but am currently going cold turkey. PS: Just remembered I've also got 2 different kinds of speaker cables..........Oh noooooooo !

John

A

Anonymous

Haha, know what you mean. Just enjoy the learning process, if you got it all sorted you wouldn't have anything to worry about! I sometimes drive myself nuts thinking about it all, but I've learnt an amazing amount about sound, electronics, and people of course. All valuable stuff if very frustrating at times.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
So many potential variations, combinations and tweaks. I'm glad my amp/CDP is an all in one because it cuts out the potential with interconnects and different isolation and racks for separate boxes.

I still find myself switching between the two filter settings on the DAC, and I stupidly bought insulators t go under the unit which give a slightly different sound depending on which way up they are (all up silver side up? all down? half up, half down? which two up gives what kind of a difference?). At least the speaker cable is enough trouble to swap over that I don't get the urge to do it, more toe in? less? Sofa further forward? Curtains... It's enough to give me OCD. I think I'll speak to a professional once it stops being a source of fun.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Get yourself a luvverly CD63 MKII KI Sig!
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts