Confession - First time listen of Dylan

Oxfordian

Today for the first in my 60 years of being on this blue spec in our galaxy I listened to Bob Dylan.

Yes I know of him, yes I have probably heard his music on the radio, but, until today I had never sat down and really listened to his music. And to be honest he‘s not bad.

Slow Train Coming on vinyl is a rather good LP, in fact it was 40+ minutes of pure enjoyment. How can a man of my age not have listened to one of his albums before, I feel ashamed that I haven’t come across his music before.

If my sin can be forgiven, some suggestions on the gems hidden in his vast collection would be very welcome. Blood on the Tracks is next up on Apple Music, and I think going to be added to my collection.

Reactions: andybebbs

JukeLad

Jun 21, 2020
Visit site
I forgive you.
Correct me if I'm wrong fans, but wouldn't you have to be more into lyrics with him.
Be honest now. Has anyone heard him on the radio and thought, "that bloke's got a great voice, I must listen to a whole album of his?" :unsure:

Mel Tormé he is not!

And (like Van Morrison) after about 2 hours of Dylan, I'm ready for something else.

My fav Dylan is Bootleg Volume 2 Disc 2 - the best versions of 'Tangled up in Blue' and 'Idiot Wind' plus many other classics. For me it's about the pictures he paints in that Americana landscape.........

D

Deleted member 108165

You are not alone Oxfordain, I have no Bob Dylan in my collection. Bob Marley yes, Dylan, no.

Reactions: Oxfordian
D

Deleted member 2457

I have bought some of his albums quite recent and I like him but boy does he go on a bit! Eg Desolation Row.

Reactions: Oxfordian
D

Deleted member 2457

Funny that DS is one of my fave Dylan tracks, there is an awesome shortened version on the Unplugged live album which is arguably better than the original.
Also Visions of Johanna. Live :- brill
I love My Chemical Romance version of Desolation Row. Sometimes the My Chemical Romance version is a bit too quick though, so your unplugged version sounds perfect! Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts