Computer speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking for some decent speakers for my computer.

Budget is in the region of £100, though I will consider going higher. (£150 max)

They are intended to sit on my desk. I certainly do not have the space to get a seperate amp etc so active speakers are required.

They are intended primarily for listening to music. I do play games and watch TV/Films on my computer but I will more typically wear heaphones for that (goldring ns1000's).

I have been reccomended the following speakers:

Edifier R1600's, (2.0's £80)

M-Audio Studiophile AV-40's (2.0's £120)

and the Acoustic Energy Aego M's. (2.1's (£130)

I have my doubts about all three of them. Firstly with the Edifier's I can find very few reviews of them, which is a little troubling. They are also perhaps a little on the large size.

I have heard that the AV-40's have a permanent audible hum, which sounds like it could be a reall irritance - i dont want to be wasting £120 on humming speakers!

Finally I have seen criticsms of the Aego-M's sound quality for mid range and high range. I presume that these will have the most impressive bass, but I am not sure if this is really necessary for listening to music.

I guess I am looking for re-assurance from ownders of any of these speakers, or suggestions for alternatives.

A

Anonymous

You could also check out:

Samson StudioDock 3i

Alesi M1 active 320 USB

or if you stretch your budget you could look at the Bi-amped Fostex PM04s

A

Anonymous

I'd recommend Creative GigaWorks T40 for PC. i av em and i luv em. lovely bass and what not and only 70 sheets

happy listening

A

Anonymous

I know size isnt everything, but those Audioengine A2's are pretty small speakers. How do the handle the low notes?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Edward Teach said:
I know size isnt everything, but those Audioengine A2's are pretty small speakers. How do the handle the low notes?

Well. It's the best word. Sure, pit them against some fantastic larger speakers and physics takes its natural toll. But they belie their size when it comes to bass.

There are a number of demos on YouTube, just type "audioengine a2" into the search.

A

Anonymous

I'd recommend the AudioEngine A2s too. Did a bit of listening to home-recording monitors, KRK, Yamaha, etc at a store and liked them to varying degrees. Also listened to the A2s, much smaller and cheaper but were not too far off the pace, and for a home office (vs. mixing music) were perfectly fine and did have good bass.

A

Anonymous

I second (or third ) the audio engines. They are lots of fun.

A

Anonymous

I think I am going to discount the M-audio av40's as I don't hear very good thing about their quality control and support (have a look at their own forums)

I am also going to discount the edifiers - cant find andy independent reviews,

I like what I hear about the audioengine a2's (would love the a5's but I think they are too pricey for me at the moment.)

I am going to choose between them and the aego m's.

I am erring towards the latter, as I am guessing that whilst the a2's will have better overall sound quality they will be lacking in base in comparison to the aego m's.

Anyone know what the warranty is on the aego m's?

I think the audioengine come with a 3 year warranty, which is nice.

A

Anonymous

I have some logitech x-230 attached to my PC and they sound pretty good for £30. Bass is a little heavy on the sub unit but i just have it on the minimum level.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts