Complete home cinema system with Blue Ray/DVD recorder

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Folks,

I first posted this on the Hi-Fi forum but was advised to post it here.

I'm new to this forum but I'm hoping one of you experts out there can answer my question. I'm intending to buy an all in one home cinema system 'in a box'. I have a limited budget of £600. As I have a Sony Bravia HD TV, for compatibility, I would like to stay with Sony products - but anything else suitable that gets the What Hi-Fi 5 stars vote is good for me.

What I've been trying to find is a Blu Ray/DVD player that can record DVD's & has the dolby digital sound output with the speaker package - something like the Sony BDV-E370 but with DVD recording ability. I already have a Toshiba DS-33VB VHS/DVD player which does a great job for the price (£150.00). Of course that is quite old now and does not have any recording capability. However, I intend keeping it for playing the VHS tapes and who knows it may be possible to SCART connect it to the new DVD recorder and convert the VHS tapes into video DVD's.

So the real question is does such an 'all in one' system exist? If not, then I guess the system will have to be made up of seperate components. This being the case what would your buying advice be?

My main Hi-Fi system is 10 years old and consists of Naim CD player, pre & power amps (Bi-Amped), Rega2 turntable & Castle Melton floor stander speakers. It still sounds great!

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
I'm assuning that your £600 budget includes speakers in which case you are asking for a lot. I'm thinking that the Sony ackage you mention + a Sony DVD recorder will be your best bet and should fit your budget.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Assuming you have no unshakable objection to separates, this should outperform any home-cinema-in-a-box solution:

http://www.richersounds.com/information/home-cinemasystems

System 4 looks a very good bet: comprising Sony BDP-S570 Blu-ray player; Sony STRDH810 receiver; and Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1 speaker package (total system price £599). Browse the WHF reviews if you need reassurance regarding the quality of each component.

Happy shopping...

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Lepierre:

Hi Folks,

I'm new to this forum but I'm hoping one of you experts out there can answer my question. I'm intending to buy an all in one home cinema system 'in a box'. I have a limited budget of £600. As I have a Sony Bravia HD TV, for compatibility, I would like to stay with Sony products - but anything else suitable that gets the What Hi-Fi 5 stars vote is good for me.

What I've been trying to find is a Blu Ray/DVD player that can record DVD's & has the dolby digital sound output with the speaker package - something like the Sony BDV-E370 but with DVD recording ability. I already have a Toshiba DS-33VB VHS/DVD player which does a great job for the price (£150.00). Of course that is quite old now and does not have any recording capability. However, I intend keeping it for playing the VHS tapes and who knows it may be possible to SCART connect it to the new DVD recorder and convert the VHS tapes into video DVD's.

You would be extremly lucky to find anything like that, the closest you could get is the Panasonic DMR-BW780EBK 250GB HDD Blu-Ray Recorder with twin Freeview HD Tuners HERE this has NO built in amplifier & speaker package, it does however record onto BD, DVD & HDD. The other version available has Freesat HD Tuners.

So the real question is does such an 'all in one' system exist? If not, then I guess the system will have to be made up of seperate components. This being the case what would your buying advice be?

Get something like this Panasonic DVD Recorder clicky with the Sony BDV-E370 & you will have problems with connectivity as the Sony lacks inputs.

If it were me I would go down the seperates route, upgrade bits at a time as & when I could afford it.

My main Hi-Fi system is 10 years old and consists of Naim CD player, pre & power amps (Bi-Amped), Rega2 turntable & Castle Melton floor stander speakers. It still sounds great!

TRENDING THREADS