Compatability of 4 hi-fi speakers & AV receiver; what HD should I go for?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have 2 sets of Bose Accoustimass 5 speakers, currently wired to an Arcam Diva amp - traditional stereo sound and not proper cinema surround sound as far as I know (which is not a lot, but then I've not been too fussed about home cinema until now). I'm about to upgrade my TV to a Panasonic Viera, with HD DVD/Blu-ray, and want to maximise on sound quality. I'd prefer to continue using my Bose speakers for obvious budget/convenience reasons so my question is this: will an AV Receiver wired to my existing Bose speakers deliver good cinema surround sound; or do I need a specific package of cinema surround sound/multichannel speakers to achieve this? If it would work, I have the following questions:

In terms of AV Receiver, I was thinking about the Onkyo TX-SR605 which seems very popular - what's the noticeable difference between this and the Onkyo SR875?

Suggestions/recommendations for HD DVD would be appreciated - is there much discernable difference between the Marantz DV7001 and 6001; how do they compare with the Onkyo DV-SP504? Is there much to tell between the Marantz DV6001/Onkyo DV-SP504 and the SonyPS3 Blu-ray player?

Does my old Arcam Diva amp get relegated to a spare room or is there a use for it in this set up?

A

Anonymous

save up mate dump the bose i had accoustimass 10s before and moving up to the b&ws was like black and white tv to colour

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts