Comparing formats

Tonight, I've just stuck a copy of one of my favourite albums on, for the first time listening to it on vinyl.

I've heard this album hundreds of times, on cd, and on digital whether on iPod, or on the car stereo.

The first play on vinyl has been a knockout, wow!

Clarity, space, air, I dunno how to explain, just sounds so much better. In every way.

im listening to Five Finger Death Punch!!! Not classical or jazz. But the difference is there for you to hear.

Bloody love vinyl.

bigfish786 said:
Tonight, I've just stuck a copy of one of my favourite albums on, for the first time listening to it on vinyl.

I've heard this album hundreds of times, on cd, and on digital whether on iPod, or on the car stereo.

Clarity, space, air, I dunno how to explain, just sounds so much better. In every way.

im listening to Five Finger Death Punch!!! Not classical or jazz. But the difference is there for you to hear.

Bloody love vinyl.

:)

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
bigfish786 said:

Bloody love vinyl.

- That's the kind of experience I get from Valves. - A TT is next on my list.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Let's see how long it takes for this to descend into known depths...

More and more people are experiencing this bigfish. I'm not saying we are on the road to digital becoming obsolete, but more people just seem happy with vinyl, despite its flaws (there, I said it).

I've mentioned before that in the 90s I was used to hearing Tears For Fears' Seeds Of Love album on CD for years - I picked up a used copy of it in vinyl, and it just sounded so much better - and the CD isn't exactly a slouch in the quality stakes. It may not be the case for all albums though.

Whether or not what we prefer in the sound of vinyl is down to the deck's mechanical nature, the physical contact of the stylus and the record, or just limitations to what vinyl is capable of (or a combination of), it doesn't matter if you prefer it. And I guess many vinyl lovers don't care :)

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I can relate to that. It's often a different experience listening to a much-loved album on record. The best pressings make the 'faff' of records worthwhile.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts