Compact sub woofer for office room

Squidge69

Apr 9, 2024
Visit site
Hi there, hoping someone has a few suggestions for me.

I have a home office, quite small, about 3m x 2m. I am running a pair of Q Acoustic 3010i off a NADC316 BEE amp. Whilst the amp does a fine job it does lack a little bass when needing to listen to a bit of Pete Tong on a friday.

Can anyone suggest any small compact (if such thing exists) affordable subs woofers for such a set up. I have read that I should look at something at least 10" and around 100W. but any suggestions would be very welcome.

Cheers

All the best
Matt

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site

I have a home office, quite small, about 3m x 2m. I am running a pair of Q Acoustic 3010i off a NADC316 BEE amp. Whilst the amp does a fine job it does lack a little bass when needing to listen to a bit of Pete Tong on a friday.

Can anyone suggest any small compact (if such thing exists) affordable subs woofers for such a set up. I have read that I should look at something at least 10" and around 100W. but any suggestions would be very welcome.

Cheers

All the best
Matt
Won't be the amp and everything to do with the speakers.

Any how whats the budget and how close do you sit to your said speakers and how deep do you want to go.
Bearing in mind smaller subwoofers can only just barely produce output below 40-35hz, good larger speakers can do this for probably less than a well put together subwoofer. Just food for thought is all.

If you have the budget and dont mind second hand velodyne and SVS these are brands that really know how to boom.

Messiah

Are your speakers on dedicated stands or something else?

Just throwing this out there but you could also consider swapping the speakers to the 3030i. Bass is great on them.

As far as small subwoofers go, I only have experience with the Cambridge Audio S80 which does a decent job. However, if you have space for a 10" sub that's certainly not small.

Reactions: nopiano

Fandango Andy

Cheers

All the best
Matt
I have 3010i in my AV setup, they are great for movies with the aid of a centre speaker and a sub buy are too thin sounding for music.

Have you looked at the Q Acoustics 3060s sub? I wouldn't call it compact, buts it's tall slim shape may make it easier to place than a traditional square box.

Squidge69

Apr 9, 2024
Visit site
Wow loads of replies, fantastic... Ill try to throw in some answers to them all.

"Won't be the amp and everything to do with the speakers."
Yeah I understand that bigger more powerful speakers will give me better bass but to be honest anything larger than the 3010i would just be overkill in the space i am in. Especially when it comes to size as well.

My budget isnt huge at all (maybe around £200) maybe thats being too optimistic so thinking the second hand is the way to go. im just looking for something with a litte bit of oomff. The subs you mention are quite a bit out of my budget for this room. But certainly an option for my living room speakers.

Placement: they sit on the wall with wall brackets, im sitting only about 1m from them. Hence the 3010 as I needed something small as not to stick out of the wall too much.

There are a few brands mentioned here that look in my range, JAMO, Cambridge Audio second hand and of course second have Q Acoustics. Ill take a look around but thanks for the start.

Cheers
Matt

Reactions: Messiah

Squidge69

Apr 9, 2024
Visit site
Hi Andrew, I am sure that is a mighty fine sub and would work wonders with my larger speaker set up, however its really out of my price range for a small bedroom set up.

Cheers though. Great to know about all these other brands.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts