Compact Disc’s star has faded, but I like it anyway

Ian AV

Apr 13, 2023
Visit site
I will be spinning a few CD's after writing this. Bought my first CD player in the 80's, a Philips CD650 and never looked back. Very disappointed when it started to fail to read discs after 37 years of service! Replaced with a Super Audio CD player which takes it to another level, just not enough discs available. I retained all my vinyl though, some of which are classics now, notably those from the 70's, and occasionally listen to them.
Classe claim that a properly ripped CD with quality bit checking software is better than the CD. However, I have yet to hear ripped music keep the perfect continuity when listening to Dark Side of the Moon that CD does or vinyl for that matter.

Rui

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
i´ll always have cds ,but also have records ,i did notice a decrease of quality when buying cds that had already in record ,that´s when i felt stolen by buying them ,never played them they look new , but some of them are very good only re-releases sound awfull, i have at least 6.000 of them but 15.000 records ,only bought ,maybe 10 since 2017 because with spotify i started to buy records and cds again because the price was very cheap, and some records i had were almost with their cover destroyd having the record it self in perfect condition but because it were the most heard records the covers didn´t last several decades and the cd version was not as we heard them on record, but older records do sound better and don´t get destroyd as easy as newer ones

TRENDING THREADS