Comments Needed on Newly Setup System

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys, i am relatively inexperienced in Hi Fi connections and system matching but i have assembled the following components during the last 6 months or so:
  • Cambridge Audio 840A, 640C, Spendor S3/5, Supra interconnect and speaker cables, after market chinese power cords for both. i have always liked BBC'esque sound so that was my first purchase.
i listened to mainly vocal based pop or jazz and i don't play my music loud but just enough to be able to hear the details of course! i have been running in these equipment for the past 6 months and have been scratching my head over some shortcomings:
[*] it seems that my 840A's volume have to be switched to quite high level (ie between -28 to -32 db if you are familiar with 840's volume). [*] the bass seemed to be non existent or at least not as well defined as heard in showrooms.
i will be grateful if somebody can give some frank opinions on this setup or any ways to tweak and better the system.

A

Anonymous

Do you have the positive and negative terminals connected correctly? I.e. positive on amp to positive on speakers?

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
hello paulio,if i remember rightly the spendors are difficult to position,sometimes a bit of experimentation can rectify this problem although i think a better cd would help as your speakers are mighty good ones.good luck,gregory.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts