COMET WARRANTY ISSUES

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

It's ok, I heard you the first time.
smile.png

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

3937edwards said:
hi oldboy and other members just an update got tv back saturday checked tv before signing for it and was very surprized it was returned in the same condition it went out of my house in so well done to comet in that respect, just hope now that with all the hassle i have had and being without the tv for a month panasonic will come up trumps and sort a loan set out for me if my tv has to go away again exspecially on top of christmas will phone them on monday and post the outcome again on this thread :)

Good news, best of luck with Panasonic.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
simonali said:
Please forgive me if this is a daft question, but if the TV was only 10 months old surely it could be sent/taken to any approved Panasonic repair centre as it was still within the manufacturers warranty period?

If that's the case then all this grief could've been bypassed...

No that's not the case.

Within the first year your contract is with the retailer and so it's up to them to repair the tv using an approved repair agent or their own in house repair centre, in some cases manufacturers will carry out repairs within the first year but your first port of call is with the retailer.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
3937edwards said:
hi oldboy and other members just an update got tv back saturday checked tv before signing for it and was very surprized it was returned in the same condition it went out of my house in so well done to comet in that respect, just hope now that with all the hassle i have had and being without the tv for a month panasonic will come up trumps and sort a loan set out for me if my tv has to go away again exspecially on top of christmas will phone them on monday and post the outcome again on this thread :)

That's great news :bounce:

Time to state your case to Panasonic my friend so lets hope they use a repair agent in your area that can supply a loan set and don't forget to get an ETA on the repair from the agent as I'm sure you won't want to be without the tv over xmas! It shouldn't take any longer than 2-3 weeks max as a guideline, that gives them plenty of time to identify the issue, order any parts and get them delivered and to carry out and test the repair.

Best of luck when you speak to them on monday and I look forward to hearing how you get on as this has gone on for far to long now.

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi oldboy good news spoke to panasonic who put me in touch with repair agent who are only 17 miles from where i lived and as comet akready new the part needed the repair agent has ordered the part new pcb board and when it is in they are actually going to come and do it on sight so i dont have to be without tv again exspecially over christmas so well done to panasonic and the repair agent for arranging this for me because of the hassle i have had with comet :cheer:

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Good news again, life just gets better and better.
smile.png

And well done to Panasonic.
clap.gif
We'll miss them if they ever stop making tvs, and I have a feeling that they just might.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
That's excellent service from Panasonic so Kudos to them :clap:

Just a shame you never got service like this first time round with Comet but at least you won't be without the tv over xmas and have to suffer the tv going away for repair yet again, hopefully this sees an end to the issue...keep us updated with the progress of the repair and I just hope it's all sorted soon.

3937edwards

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
hi oldboy and others just an update repair agents turned up this morning as promised and installed a new hdmi/usb printed circuit board and all working okay picture seems much clearer repair agent said most proberly because it was a printed circuit it was most proberly affecting the others with a possibility of the other ports packing up as well so very happy that its done, and it would of cost me £250 if it was out of warranty so really glad i got it back of comet in time and thanks again for everyones help and advice on this matter :)

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
That's really good news I'm really glad you got there in the end and a special mention should go to Panasonic as that's great customer service from them. Hope you get no more issues and happy viewing for years to come :bounce:

TRENDING THREADS