Come on people...catch up already!

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Why is it that many CDs are still sold without CD Text? How lame. This takes up so little space and requires such little effort by the music industry, that it's just plain incompetent that it is not supported by every new release.

Additionally, why can't they encode the pic of the album art on the CD? Again, this would take up very little disc space and how cool would it be to pop in your CDs and have the album art display on a nice LCD built in to your CD player?

But then, the music industry would have to start using technology from 1993 and why do that? That might cut into their year end bonuses... Better to spend billions on legal fees suing downloaders.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
jaxwired:
Why is it that many CDs are still sold without CD Text? How lame. This takes up so little space and requires such little effort by the music industry, that it's just plain incompetent that it is not supported by every new release.

Additionally, why can't they encode the pic of the album art on the CD? Again, this would take up very little disc space and how cool would it be to pop in your CDs and have the album art display on a nice LCD built in to your CD player?

But then, the music industry would have to start using technology from 1993 and why do that? That might cut into their year end bonuses... Better to spend billions on legal fees suing downloaders.

Agreed. On all counts.

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
No idea why CD text isn't standard. Seems crazy. Here's an idea.

I think maybe they've decided that value added extras like this will not increase sales as copying would be even more convenient if no internet access was needed to pull in track listings and artwork. They can't stand this small loss in profit, that's what buys the bubbly at the shareholders meeting.

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
I had a couple of Sony CD Jukeboxes piggy-backed before ripping my collection to FLAC. That's 800 discs.

How many had CD text? Just one....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts