Combining Monitor Audio BX5 with Yamaha R467 AV receiver

vtokmak

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am planning to buy Monitor Audio BX5 and Yamaha V467 av receiver.Is it a good combination ? My source will be Airport Express SPDIF and I will play Apple Loseless and Flacs on it.

Of course many of you will say that I should audition them together but store which sells Monitor Audios does not sell any product of Yamaha.

Before that i wanted to buy Hi-fi setup but there was lots of options at store and finally i have confused and go home without anything 3 times! This time I want to finish this story and be happy with it.

I am waiting your suggestions.

vtokmak

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I think BX5 is already a low-budget pair of speakers i do not believe that receiver which costs 300 pounds would not create difference that costs 300 pounds; comparing with the 600 pound priced receiver.

Of course i am a guy who knows barely about setups.etc.

Thanks,

A

Anonymous

Why are you going for a receiver instead of a stand-alone stereo amplifier?

This will give you a much, better overall soundstage etc...

vtokmak

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I also have LCD tv and XBOX so i have thought it will be more suitable use it at AV Receiver.Also i have to pay for DAC if i go with Stereo Amp.Is there any all-in-one stereo amp that does good job for cheap prices ?

A

Anonymous

IMO if you're not going for 5.1 surround sound then there's no point in having an AV receiver. But that is just my opinion

What other brands are you able to consider? It'd also be handy to know what music you generally listen to and whether you'd consider 2nd hand amplifiers also?

vtokmak

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I like to listen Air,Flunk,Cinnamon Chasers,Plaid,Morcheeba,Pink Floyd,Classical music,Ambient and Chillout music as well as some gangsta rap varies with my mood.Also i sometimes throw parties at my place..In anycase lower frequencies are important for me.

I have no intention to build anything else than stereo.I am definetely looking for 2nd hand ,actually it is my first priority but I live in Lithuania and i am a foreigner in Lithuania.So i do not know any forums,boards or websites that provides 2nd trade.

A

Anonymous

vtokmak said:
Also thank you for answering my questions and helping me! :)

No worries
smiley-wink.gif

Seeing that you have a similar musical taste to me (I listen to a lot of Air, Fischerspooner, Daft Punk, Hed Kandi, Green Day etc...) the the likes of a decent 2nd hand NAD C355BEE or C352 (PD version), Arcam Alpha 10, Rotel RA06SE or Musical Fidelity XA200 amp would be ideal.

If you have a look on eBay UK I'm sure you'd be able to find those and get them shipped to your country as well.

in May this year I sent my NAD C355BEE integrated amplifier, Arcam CD72 CDP and Monitor Audio RX2 speakers to Australia!

Shipping is easy enough as long as it's all well packaged, documented and payments are sorted via PayPal

T

the record spot

The OP might want to biamp, which his receiver will permit, or play HD audio tracks, neither of which a bog standard integrated will manage. When you start looking into it, they just make so much more sense even if you only have a two channel set up. And their sound quality is improving all the time to the point where they're more capable of taking on their leaden-footed integrated brethren!

A

Anonymous

vtokmak said:
I also have LCD tv and XBOX so i have thought it will be more suitable use it at AV Receiver.Also i have to pay for DAC if i go with Stereo Amp.Is there any all-in-one stereo amp that does good job for cheap prices ?
The airport express has a DAC.

vtokmak

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Guys with your suggestions I have managed my mind to buy Yamaha AS 500 (since it is 5 star product and class leader until 600 pounds )as a amplifier and will also audition the Quad 22L2.

I am uploading my living room photo.I am planning to place the the floorstanders over the redline.It is like 60 cm-70cm to the back wall but since there will be furniture between speakers and back wall do you think that it will cause any undesirable sonical effect?

Plus it is not a square or rectangular room it has open ending and kitchen and living room is together.

http://i52.tinypic.com/343rjw9.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/17tix5.jpg

vtokmak

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I have ordered the Yamaha AS 500!!! After it is delivered i will take it to hi-fi shops and audition speakers! My question is positioning now.

Could you please tell me your opinions with my room and placing the speakers?

A

Anonymous

Good choice with the Yamha AS500 and QUAD 22L2 speakers; they'll go together very well in my opinion
smiley-cool.gif

With regards to speaker placementl that should be fine as the QUAD's do need some rome behind them to breathe. You may find that you've got some bass boom with regards to the furniture in the middle of them and one speaker being in the corner

However you may find that if you toe them in abit so that they hit a sweet spot of about 2-3m in front of the furniture in the middle; that should help to control the bass boom. You could also try the bass port bungs as well to see how they control the sound

T

the record spot

Excellent speakers and a decent amp, although you might find the Quad's will withstand several amp upgrades in time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts