coax wont fit??

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
In the office at work the is a socket for the dvd player to hook up to the television in the lounge and im pretty sure its a coaxial and a left and right audio. On the back of the dvd player(proline dvd1260) is says coax. I bought a coax cable but it doesnt fit the back of the dvd player. The whole seems to be a phono shape which the red white and yellow cables fit it. Is this just a matter of getting a phono to coax cable or do i need do do something else. And i check the the inputs in the tv menu and there is no mention of any coax?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The TV should have an aerial socket, and may also have composite video in (on a single phono socket, usually coloured yellow) and stereo audio in (also on phonos, red/white, though such sockets may be audio output).

The 'coax' socket on the DVD player is a digital audio output, and of no relevance here.

Do the TV and DVD player not have multipin Scart sockets? That's the best way of connecting the two together, but if the DVD has stereo audio outs and a composite video out, and the TV has corresponding inputs, you can use these instead.

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes the dvd and tv both have scart. But there is no scart in the office. Im not sure how they wired it up but supposedly we should be able to run the dvd in the office and it play in the lounge which is nowhere near by the way. In the offic wall socket there is what looks like an aerial socket where they said the dvd should go. Confused.

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
In tescos at the moment. Would a scart to phone lead wwork from the dvd to the sockect. Has the red white and yellow on the phono side?

A

Anonymous

Without seeing the wall socket, I imagine a Scart>3 phono is what you need. The three phonos are red, white and yellow for R/L audio and composite video.

Soopafly49

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Just realised the scart to phone cable wont work as the top connection is different. Have posted pictures that I got from the internet of the closest thing i could find to the wall socket and back of the dvd player. Further advice would be appreciated. Not sure if the connection on the wall is even the right one to connect up the dvd player.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts