Clinical amp,warm amp,bright amp ?

Cliff1

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
I posted because i didn't want to hi jack someone elses post.On that post the MS Aviano speakers were mentioned,i looked at the review & it was very complimentary to these speakers.Then came the inevitable negative bit " be careful what you match them with ",avoid clinical sounding electronics.

I read with interest that the Avianos did not have the harshness in the top end that the 902s have,i thought great i might take a look & buy these,then came the end bit,i do appreciate that there will be a not so good bit for most things.

How is this determined if we can't spend hours in a hi fi store asking them to match endless speakers to endless amps.I'm listening to a lot more music now than i have done in recent times & my MS 902is are really irritating me with the at times harsh & screetching treble.

My amp is the Yamaha DSP AX863SE,can anyone tell me if this is considered to be clinical,bright or warm.

I've seen the Avianos today for £199.00 which i think is about £50 less than they were around June.Is that possibly saying that people are maybe listening to them but not buying.

T

the record spot

I think Yamaha tends to veer away from overly bright electronics, less so than Cyrus or Cambridge for instance, so I'm guessing you'll have a more "balanced" sound. Neither too bright nor too dull, so you should be okay in terms of avoiding excessive brightness in use.

A

Anonymous

the whole issue also confuses me .... some say my Pioneer A400 amp is bright ... then coupled to my Marantz CD63 MKII K1 sig cd which some say is 'warm' ... then coupled to my B&W DM2 speakers which some say is neutral ,,, then the Silver High Breed interconnects which some say is bright and some say neutral??

so am totally confused? .... but system sounds ok to me

A

Anonymous

dim_span:.... but system sounds ok to me

...and thats what really matters.

Cliff1

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
the record spot:I think Yamaha tends to veer away from overly bright electronics, less so than Cyrus or Cambridge for instance, so I'm guessing you'll have a more "balanced" sound. Neither too bright nor too dull, so you should be okay in terms of avoiding excessive brightness in use.

Thanks record spot,appreciated.

Agree if a combination of " bright,neutral,warm " sounded ok to me thats all that would matter.

Thanks

dexxas

Apr 16, 2008
Visit site
and that's what really matters : As true as it may be. Its not what people want to here is it.

They want to be reassured there system is rated by the so called hi fi experts and given the five stars.. less sadly there not going to rest easy many restless nights in front of there Stereo equipment Its very physiological. Don't you think? In all honesty the only way your ever be happy with your hI Fi is to give up reading hi Fi magazines until your in the market to buy something new.

I bought a Marantz CD4000 of a guy.. and do you know what plugged it in with Atlas cables into the musical fidelity amp with monitor Audio Bronze 2 speakers. How do you think it sounds?

It sounds............. Awful it gives you a headache to bright Something in the back of the CD mix fatigues you very quickly. You cant put your finger on what it is. I plugged the CD player Into a old 20 x 20 watt Rotel RA 810A amp using the same speakers cables same connector Sounded a Different beast altogether, very good in fact.. I suppose the lessons are bright electronics be careful and don't plug a 200 pound CD player into a £500 pound amp.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Cliff1:
I posted because i didn't want to hi jack someone elses post.On that post the MS Aviano speakers were mentioned,i looked at the review & it was very complimentary to these speakers.Then came the inevitable negative bit " be careful what you match them with ",avoid clinical sounding electronics.

I read with interest that the Avianos did not have the harshness in the top end that the 902s have,i thought great i might take a look & buy these,then came the end bit,i do appreciate that there will be a not so good bit for most things.

How is this determined if we can't spend hours in a hi fi store asking them to match endless speakers to endless amps.I'm listening to a lot more music now than i have done in recent times & my MS 902is are really irritating me with the at times harsh & screetching treble.

My amp is the Yamaha DSP AX863SE,can anyone tell me if this is considered to be clinical,bright or warm.

I've seen the Avianos today for £199.00 which i think is about £50 less than they were around June.Is that possibly saying that people are maybe listening to them but not buying.

If you find you MS speakers bright, why even consider another pair from the same manufacturer? Most have a house sound through their range.

I'd be very careful partnering an AV amp with bright speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts